- I am sick of candy and chocolate. Sick. To. Death. There was always a new 2lb. box of See's Candies or cookies or cakes showing up at work this past week, and I enjoyed waaaaay more Holiday Cheer than I should have. Gah!
- I've been doing a pretty good job of updating my journal for both Holidailies and Tidings, but doing a terrible job of updating that fact here. Just go to Self-Portrait; I'm linking several new entries on the main page.
- I finished and mailed all my Christmas cards last weekend (picture included in previous entry). Next year, I'm starting really early!
- I ended up receiving several gift items from co-workers this year, but didn't give any myself. I've been feeling a bit guilty about it - it was reminiscent of my first year at AMBerland where gifts mysteriously appeared on my desk. At that time I didn't know such things were done (and later
wethey started just drawing names and didn't do individual gifts), and I mistakenly assumed that since we'd done a gift exchange that individual gifts weren't done. I guess I should've asked. But, at least I know for next year.
- Mom and I ended up having our coffee and muffin at the bakery of our local fancy-pants hotel because not only was Carlene's closed for the holiday, but it's no longer Carlene's. Sheesh! It's only been a couple weeks since we were there last! Now it's called The Gathering Place, and mom and I will have to see if we want to "gather" there or not.
- Anyway, at the fancy-pants hotel I tried a new coffee - Heavenly Hazelnut from Peerless Coffee. It's delicious! I've found a new favourite coffee!
- I think that's all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday - whatever you celebrate! Cheers!
By the way, I've been updating my journal fairly regularly, but neglecting to mention it here. Just feel free to check here every day for new entries.
And, so it begins! I've posted two entries for Tidings: the first one is my Winter Count - January (read about Winter Counts here), and the second one is about the Sounds of the Season. Enjoy! Tomorrow, Holidailies begin!
Well, it's December again, and you know what that means: Holidailies! Yup, I'm going to (try) to update my journal every day starting tomorrow. I've also signed up for Tidings of Danger and Mayhem, which provides periodic writing promps, which might help with the Holidailies. Or not. We'll just have to see.