TGIF and Happy Friday! I forgot to do a Friday Five last week, so this week will be a 2-fo-1: my first five items will be stuff I'd LIKE to accomplish over this coming weekend, and my next five items will be stuff I probably WILL accomplish! Most of the stuff from the first list WON'T be on the second list! Ha! I know myself TOO well!
First up my "Wishful Thinking To-Do List":
1. Sell some stamps. I have a small box of wood-mounted rubber stamps I need to get photographed and put on eBay to sell. It actually hurts me to part with them, but I'm not using them, and after 10 or 15 years, I probably WON'T be using them, plus I watched a Hoarding: Buried Alive marathon last weekend, and am very inspired to get rid of stuff!
2. Speaking of hoarding ... I'd also like to go through my closet and dressers sometime this weekend and pull the stuff I saved 6 months ago that I still haven't worn or used. I've bee trying to stick to that 6 month schedule, and so far it's been working! Also, getting rid of old, useless, unused items seems like a great way to end 2016, and therefore begin 2017 with a (mostly) clean slate!
3. Finish/Purchase/Mail Christmas cards. It is with deep regret I admit I will not be able to hand-stamp ALL the cards I need to mail out this year. I had the best of intentions and the highest of hopes, but in the end realized it was not going to happen. I will still try to get a bunch of cards made this weekend, but I think I'll have to go purchase a box to cover everyone on my lists. Apologies in advance!
4. If at all possible I'd love to get my lawn mowed this weekend. I didn't do it last weekend, and it's already rained once this week, and is supposed to rain a few days more.
5. Work on my End-of the-Year stuff - best/fave photos, End-of-the-Year-Meme, 2017 resolutions, etc. Try to get a jump on all that good stuff before the holidays really hit and I'm too busy to blog!
And now, here's the more realistic list - stuff I probably WILL get done this weekend:
1. Meal prep and cooking for the week. I've been doing this a few weeks now, and it's working out really well! It's so nice to come home to an already prepared, healthy meal that just needs to be heated up. Though, I must say, this is part of the reason nothing else gets done, because doing so much cooking, especially from scratch, take A LOT of time!
2. Napping. A weekend staple!
3. Catching up on all the TV shows I missed this week.
4. Mow the lawn. This one really depends on the weather, but if it's nice enough, it HAS to be done whether I like it or not!
5. Take a walk. My mom and I have been trying to go for walks on the weekend to get a little exercise. It's just around the neighbourhood right now, but we're going to try to extend it every other week or so to try to get back in shape!
Okay, there you have it! Wish me luck! Cheers!