... Bite me!
more cat pictures
1. So, I decided it was time to get a new handbag. I love my Isabella Fiore purse and wallet very, very much, but I’m getting a little bored with them, and also I want something a little lighter colour-wise and more spring-like. So, during my lunch break on Friday I wandered down to a funky little boutique called French Quarter, and looked at their handbags. They had several different bags to choose from, and I found two I was instantly attracted to. One was a shiny patent lime green with large pink and white and orange flowers. Very pretty and fun and spring-like. And shiny. The other one wasn’t shiny, but had muted stripes of white, denim blue, red, mustard, lime green and silver. They were both the “hobo” style, both had a large interior to fit notepads, books, a wallet, etc., and pockets for a camera and cell phone and keys and stuff. In the end, I chose the one with the muted colours mostly because I thought I would tire of the shiny lime green quickly and also because the zipper didn’t go all the way across on the green one, leaving two large openings on either side where stuff could fall out, or someone could reach in a steal something. To be honest, the zipper doesn’t go all the way across on the striped one, either, but the openings are smaller, and I am less concerned about losing stuff. Once I decided on the purse, I went a picked out a lime green (that really closely matches the green stripe on the purse) reptile patterned wallet. It’s shiny! I am so very happy now!
2. Friday night after work I went for a pedicure. It’s been about three weeks since my last one, and I was just starting to feel the achy little twinge I get along the bottom of my feet, so I knew it was time to get a good foot massage and some reflexology before the plantar fasciitis kicked in. I haven’t taken a picture yet, but I used Revlon’s Pink Petal if you’re interested. It’s a pretty light pink colour that’s perfect for springtime!!
3. I haven’t had anything for sale on eBay for a couple of weeks. The rubber stamps and the carousel horses were being watched, but not bid on, so I just didn’t relist them. Friday night I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to relist everything. Please don’t ask me why; must’ve been some sort of premonition …
4. Saturday morning I was checking through my emails, and saw one about having received an instant payment for my box of rubber stamps. WTF?! I pop over to eBay and sure enough, someone bought my box of 100+ rubber stamps!! Finally, after being on there for weeks and getting no attention (except for one woman who was just way too demanding – wanting close-up pictures and detailed descriptions of the ink stains on the rubber and wood (Gah!) - and another who offered to buy the box for fifty bucks (Half price?! Forget that!).), in a matter of a few hours, they sold! Yay!
5. Saturday afternoon I shipped off my box of rubber stamps at the post office inside Long’s Drugs, then stopped into Fantastic Sam’s for a haircut. I have been in need of a trim for weeks, but the salon has started closing at 6 p.m., so getting a quick haircut after work is no longer an option. I hate wasting my weekends sitting in a boring damn hair salon, but I was desperate, so in I went. And my good luck continued because even though there were several people on the list ahead of me, none of them were present, so I got in right away. I had been contemplating doing something different with my hair – cutting it shorter or something – but I chickened out and just got an inch chopped off and kept the layers, and blah, blah, blah. At least I don’t have two inches of bangs hanging in my eyes! I hate that!
6. Sunday was Easter, and we spent part of the day up at my grandparents’ house eating ham and green beans and scalloped potatoes and asparagus, a Jell-o mold, and an angel food cake with Cool Whip and sliced strawberries, and visiting with them and my aunt and uncle. It was, for the most part, a pleasant day, but mom and I left after just a couple hours. Neither of us was feeling terribly well, so we just wanted to go home, put on comfy clothes and relax the rest of the day. Which we did.
7. Sunday night I coloured my hair, and now it’s soft, shiny and auburn (Feria by L’Oreal in Cardinal, in case you’re interested), just the way I like it.