Hey, hi! It's time for my annual End-of-the-Year Meme! I've been doing this meme for a dozen years or so, and I think it's kinda fun. Enjoy!
- What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Yoga. Specifically a ballet yoga hybrid which was really fun!
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I actually did a pretty good job of keeping up with my Resolutions this year - my health and fitness is better than this time last year, I did some stamping, but also got rid of lots of stamps I wasn't using, and I got rid of TONS of make-up, and have done a really good job of not buying more. I'll probably make more resolutions next year, just because it's a habit!
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!
- What countries did you visit?
None this year.
- What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
- What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 4th when I got to hang out with a couple friends, and October 15th when I saw the amazing Chris de Burgh in concert!
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think I made it though the year without being terribly sick. Maybe one cold? I think.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not doing more Yoga once the class I was taking ended.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than usual. I was diagnosed (finally!) with degenerative arthritis, for which I have been receiving treatment this year. The treatment is working really well, and while I'll never be 100% healthy ever again, I'm better than I was a year ago, and now that I've accepted that I can move forward.
- What was the best thing you bought?
A TempurFlex mattress with an adjustable base.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My cousin Jess and her husband, who took in a couple foster children. I think they're nuts, because OMG the CHAOS!!, but God bless them for being so giving and selfless!
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one specific, just the usual a-hole politicians and fame-starved reality "celebrities" being obnoxious.
- Where did most of your money go?
Clothes and shoes.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about
Chris de Burgh concert in Cupertino - SO awesome!
- What song will always remind you of 2015?
I have to say Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" because it was the song that played during our ab workout in Ballet Yoga, and I don't think I have ever crunched that hard!
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder
a little happier.
a little thinner.
a little richer.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Stamping, going to the beach, travelling.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How did you spend Christmas?
Relaxing with my family.
- Did you fall in love in 2015?
- What was your favorite TV program?
I loved Empire, Z Nation, Dark Matter, and Poldark.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was the best book you read?
The Life-Changing Magic of Tyding Up by Marie Kondo. Seriously, this book changed my life!
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Warning, a trio of awesome little rockers!
- What did you want and get?
I've wanted for years to see Chris de Burgh in concert, and finally, this year, I did! Best. Night. EVER!
- What did you want and not get?
I wanted to be physically back to where I was in 2013, but that's never going to happen. I'm just thrilled to be able to be as active as I am.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Jurassic World was awesome!
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what I did on my birthday, so I probably just stayed home and relaxed!
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I would loved to have been able to do a 5k, but, alas, it was not to be. I hope to do at least one next year!
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I'm going to go with trendy, because I bought a few trendy pieces at the beginning of each season, and usually got rid of them by the beginning of the next when I bought "the next big thing". It wasn't that I was obsessed with having the latest style or trend, it was just fun, and if I could afford it, I bought it!
- What kept you sane?
Getting a good night's sleep!
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
That Aiden Turner in the new Poldark series was quite hunky and a joy to look at! (But, Robin Ellis will always be MY Poldark!)
- What political issue stirred you the most?
I've learned to keep my political (and religious, and social) views to myself.
My Weetacon friends, and my BFFs Jewel, DeeDee and Pammie Sue.
- Who was the best new person you met?
We got a new girl at work this year who just jumped in with both feet, caught on quickly, and has been an amazing asset to our little group!
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
Don't ever take your health or physical abilities for granted because one day they may be gone (or at least extremely limited!).
Do you fill out the same meme each year? Or just a Yearly Recap? Let me know in the comments, cause I'd love to read it! Cheers!