Sorry, I'm a little late with my Favourites this month. I was actually trying to figure out what some of my favourite things for November even were (and weren't)! But, I believe I have finally come up with a pretty good selection, and I hope you enjoy!
- Roasting veggies and Sunday meal prep. During the month of November, it finally became cold enough for me to be able to use my oven on a regular basis, which meant more roasted veggies for our dinners. I also did a much better job of planning and preparing meals for the week (usually on Sundays) using healthier recipes from my Clean Eating magazines rather than a prepared box mix (like Hamburger Helper - not that there's anything wrong with Hamburger Helper, I'm just trying to eat less processed foods.). The result has been more delicious, healthier meals!
- Stamping. I finally got back into rubber stamping in a big way in November, and even purchased a device that will make stamping and making cards easier: the Mini MISTI. The MISTI helps you stamp an image more than once if necessary to make a better picture. I also purchased another awesome device - the Big Shot die cutting machine. And, while that doesn't really help me with my older wood-mounted stamps, it's awesome for some of the newer clear stamp sets I've purchased that come with coordinating dies, making it easier to cut out the images for cards.
- Christmas Decorating. I almost didn't do it, but the Sunday after Thanksgiving, I finally grabbed my two bins of decorations, and my pre-lighted, artificial Christmas tree and did a little decorating. I only put up the tree with some ornaments, and my Nativity, but it's festive!
- Cancelling my subscription boxes. Yes, I enjoyed the variety of subscription boxes I signed up for over the summer and fall, but they all had so many products in them that after a while I was overwhelmed by the amount of products on my bathroom counter. I used some of them, but a lot of them were either items I would never use, or just didn't like, and eventually I realilzed that I wasn't enjoying getting the boxes in the mail, but was getting stressed out over them. They felt like a burden, and I finally decided to let them just go! Last weekend, I went and tossed all the little sample things, and products Inever used and never wil), and cancelled all but 1 of my boxes. I'm keeping the Sephora Play! box because it's fun, inexpensive, doesn't have a LOT of stuff, and I have actually found products I've liked and eventually purchased the full size of.
- Our Unconventional Thanksgiving! My mom and I did NOTHING for Thanksgiving but watch the Macy's Parade, take a walk around Atascadero Lake, and enjoyed a lasagna and salad for dinner. It was a perfect, relaxing, no stress day!
And, now here's a couple things I didn't like about November:
1. The time change. Or did that happen in October? I can't remember now, and it doesn't matter, I don't like it. Sure, that extra hour of snoozing on Sunday morning is nice, but, that Monday morning it's suddenly so light, and that night after work it's pitch black! Yes, I know it's going to grow dark at night eventually, but I'd prefer the nice, gentle, gradual darkening as opposed to the sudden pitch blackness.
Okay, so I guess there was only one thing I didn't like, but really, what's not to like? November is already a short month with two holidays, so it's basically a really fun month! How was your November? Did you do anything fun? Take a trip? Visit family or friends for Thanksgiving? Let me know if the comments, and I hope you have a great day!