TGIF, and Happy Friday, everyone! It seemed like this week was SO long, and yet, suddenly here we are at Friday! I'm thrilled, especially since this is a 3-day weekend! Yes, we get Columbus Day off from work. Why we still have this holiday, I have no idea, but I'm not complaining! Do you have Colombus Day off? Do you have any fun plans? I've got a few things I'd like to get done this weekend, five, in fact:
1. Mow the lawn. Yeah, I didn't get that done last wekened, and it's really bad now!
2. Switch out spring/summer wardrobe for fall/winter. While it's still pretty hot during the daytime, the early mornings and evenings are getting chilly, and I'm looking forward to wearing more sweaters, and darker colours like burgundy, oxblood, and wine.
3. Do some cooking! This one may or may not happen depending on whether or not I can use my oven. It's supposed to be in the 90s again this weekend, and I can't use the oven when it's that hot because it heats up the whole house. So annoying!
4. Go through my DVDs and CDs. I've been hanging on to a lot of old disks, and I don't know why. The storage units for these items are taking up valuable space in my house, and I can't think of the last time I actually listened to a CD or watched a DVD. I'm pretty sure anything I'd want to watch or listen to could easily be found on iTunes, or streaming somewhere on the web, so I think it's time to get rid of most, if not all, of my unneeded collection.
5. Go through my stamps. I've been watching some stamping tutorials on YouTube (the bane of my existence!!), and am finally coming around to see how convenient these new-fangled clear cling stamps are. I also really like that many of them come in sets with corresponding dies that, when used with a special die cutter, make cutting out images SO much easier and faster! BUT, I still have a LOT of wood-mounted stamps, and I can't really start buying a lot of cute new cling stamps (at least no more than I already have!) until I get rid of some old wood mounts. It's going to be hard, because I love my stamps, but I guess what I really need to do is decide:
a) how much stamping do I really get done?
b) what kind of stamper do I really want to be: general greeting/seasonal cards or scenes/landscapes?
Wow, that's really a lot for a three-day weekend, particularly, when I'd like to spend 1 day doing something fun, but I'll give it a shot anyway! Hope you have a terrific weekend! Cheers!