TGIF, and welcome to the first Friday Five of 2016! I very nearly had an entry done for New Year's Day, but decided against the five Resolutions I'd chosen to write about. I'll be coming up with actual New Year's Resolutions later. For now, however, here are the five classic books I've decided to read for this year's Classic Book Challenge (not necessarily in order). Enjoy!
- Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke. (I watched the mini series on SyFy, and LOVED it! I'm excited to read the book!)
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Logan's Run by George Clayton Johnson ( I may have read this before, but I can't remember now. I know I saw the movie or series or whatever they had back in the 70s and thought it was pretty cool.)
- The Clockwork Man or Orlando by Virginia Woolfe (I don't know if I'll even be able to find either of these books, but I'm sure gonna try!)
- The Last Man by Mary Shelley.
I'm planning to check a couple local used book stores for these titles, but if nothing else I can just get them online. I know for sure I can get the nook version of The Last Man, and I'm sure the others are available in that format as well, The only ones I'm not sure of are the two Virginia Woolf books. But, if I can't find those anywhere, I'll just find another title. You may have noticed my theme for this year is Classic Sci-Fi! There's a lot to choose from, even though I've already read a lot of classics, and might add a few other titles if I have time this year.
Are you doing any Reading Challenges during the year? I know there's lots out there to choose from out there, so if you're so inclined, I'm sure you'll find something that fits your favourite genre! Happy Reading! Cheers!