So, I've been doing this End-of-the-Year Meme for several years now. I almost didn't bother with it this year, since the questions are the same each year, and for the most part, so are my answers. However, it's become a tradition, and it's fairly easy, so I figured why not! (Also, if anyone knows of a newer or different End-of-the-Year questionnaire type of thing, let me know in the comments! I wouldn't mind trying something different next year!)
- What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Visited the International Rose Test Garden and the Japanese Garden with Darlene in Portland, OR, and visited the city of Cincinnati, OH with Julie, and saw Impressionist paintings from Daubigny, Monet, Van Gogh, and Pissarro at the wonderful Taft Museum of Art.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even remember what I resolved to do, so probably not! As for 2017, I haven't decided yet.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God!
- What countries did you visit?
None this year.
- What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
- What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Early March when I went to Weetacon then got to hang out with Julie in Cincinnati, and mid-August when I visited Darlene in Portland.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I can't think of a single thing I achieved this year.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not selling any of my perfectly nice things on eBay.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing new, no.
- What was the best thing you bought?
My Kia Soul (I named her Roxanne, or Roxy for short.)
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Pretty much everyone I work with. We have a difficult job, yet everyone stays upbeat, positive, and continues to provide great customer service even to the most difficult customers!
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
All the whiney, fragile snowflakes who freaked out after Donald Trump won the election and had to pet "comfort animals" and play with Play-Doh because they were so "traumatized", and all the Universities who coddled those worthless wimps.
- Where did most of your money go?
My totally awesome, super fun vacations to Green Bay, WI, Cincinnati, OH, and Portland, OR, and to my new car!
- What did you get really, really, really excited about.
- What song will always remind you of 2016?
"Priceless" by For King and Country. It seemed to be playing on all my favourite radio stations at least once every day for months! But, that's okay, it's a fantastic song!
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder
about the same.
about the same.
- c) richer or poorer?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going to the beach, sightseeing locally. (Those might be my 2017 New Year's Resolutions!)
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watching TV, sleeping.
- How did you spend Christmas?
Relaxing with my mom, eating chips, salsa, and guacamole, and chicken enchiladas while drinking margaritas and watching "It's a Wonderful Life".
- Did you fall in love in 2016?
- What was your favorite TV program?
Designated Survivor - awesome show!!
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- What was the best book you read?
I didn't really read much this year, but I did enjoy The Scene of the Climb by Kate Dyer-Seeley.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
- What did you want and get?
A new car.
- What did you want and not get?
A peaceful election.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I just saw Rogue One, and it's amazing!
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what I did on my birthday, so I probably just stayed home and relaxed!
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- If people had not been such assholes to each other during the election
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
I bought whatever was cute, comfortable, and affordable.
- What kept you sane?
Staying off social media during the election!
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm. I can't really think of anyone special this year.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
The election this year stirred everyone up this year, I think. We lost, yes, but I wish people would calm down, because it's all going to be okay. It's only 4 years after all!
My grandparents and my dad.
- Who was the best new person you met?
No one that I can recall. I pretty much hung out with the same folks.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.
Follow your heart and beliefs regardless of what other people - even your closest family and best friends - tell you to think.