One feature I've been attempting to do on this blog on a monthly basis is my Monthly Favourites, which is basically a list of things such as cosmetics, music, movies, books, food and drink, etc. I particularly enjoyed during that particular month, and wish to share and recommend. I'm not always successful getting this entry written every month (and sometimes a whole month goes by where I really just don't like anything, so there's nothing to write about!), but November was a pretty good month. So, here are a few things I was really enjoying in November:
1. Thanksgiving dinner! I love the traditional Thanksgiving dinner: turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, potatoes (yams and/or scalloped potatoes), and pumpkin pie! And while I really could make these dishes any time of year, waiting for November makes the meal all the more delicious!. This year I was lazy and bought the stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and scalloped potatoes already prepared in the deli section of my supermarket, and the pie in the frozen section. The only thing I really had to cook was the turkey, and I was lucky enough to find a package of turkey thighs for me, the dark meat lover, and turkey breast tenderloins for my mom, who only eats white meat, so we each got what we wanted, and didn't have a whole lot of stuff left over. Truly, it was a perfect Thanksgiving!
2. My Retro TV has been airing classic Doctor Who episodes for a while now, and while I've enjoyed getting caught up with Doctor's 1, 2, and 3, now we're into #4's adventure, and I'm so excite because 4 was my very first Doctor! I love them all, but 4 is my fave!
3. I have been really enjoying the Ready Pac pre made salad bowls. They are perfect to take to work for lunch as everything is premeasured and precut, so all I have to do is throw it all together in the bowl it's packaged in, mix it up, and eat it. They're not cheap, but the convenience makes them well worth it!
4. I believe I mentioned having just finished the Love Story perfume I have been wearing and loving every single day for at least the past month. If I didn't already have three full perfumes I need to use up, I would immediately run out to Ulta to buy another bottle, I love it that much!
5. For football games this season I have been enjoying Blue Moon Belgian White Ale, though I have yet to try it with an orange slice. Has anyone else had an orange slice with their Blue Moon? If so, how did you like it? Let me know in the comments!
6. Cosmetically speaking I have recently been using up a lot of stuff I bought on shopping sprees to Sephora and Ulta in an effort to clean out my make up drawer, and make my AM routine quick and easy. However, I have noticed that my go-to mascara has been Maybellene's Volume Express "The Falsies" Waterproof mascara. I used up all my super expensive Diorshow, Urban Decay's Perversion, Benefit Cosmetic's They're Real, Two Faced's Better Than Sex, etc., mascaras and found myself going back to the drug store mascaras like Maybellene and Cover Girl because a) they all come in a waterproof formula which I need, and b) they work better, in my opinion, than the expensive ones. And, they're less expensive, so win win!
That's really about it for my November favourites. Did you absolutely love anything special last month? Anything new you discovered and now can't live without? Let me know in the comments! Have a terrific Monday!