Another week down ... hoo, boy is this year flying by! Already we're talking about Halloween and Holiday plans at work, and kids are already going back to school! Un. Real.
Anyway, here's five random things for you:
1. You've probably heard about our local wildfilre. As of this morning, it has burned 3,500 acres and they hope to have it fully contained by next Wednesday. And, while some residence of Santa Margarita were evacuated for a couple days, I believe everyone is home now, and school has even started! I think we got really lucky on this one, and I sincerely hope this is all the fire this county will see!
2. Tonight is favourite A-Town activity: Hot El Camino Cruise Night. They close off part of the main drag, people line the sidewalks on either side with lawn chairs, umbrellas, coolers, and even picniks, and watch as gorgeous classic cars and hot rods cruise up and down the street. I'll get to enjoy a little bit of it because they're closing my regular bus stop at 4 today, so I'll be walking from the only bus stop in town (by the Grocery Store Formerly Known as Albertson's) back to my car. Sure, I could've probably just driven today, but I really didn't want to, and besides, it's only about a half-hour walk, and I can use the exercise!
3. Last weekend mom and I stopped by Buckets of Books in Atascadero and I was able to find the last two books for my 2015 Classic Books reading challenge: Around the World in 80 Days, and The Picture of Dorian Gray. I'm excited to start them both! I'm contemplating next year's titles already, and am considering reading 1 novel by each of the Bronte sisters, and then maybe reading two biographies of historical figures. I dunno, but the thought just came to me and I liked it!
4. This weekend I have a 3-day weekend, as I'm taking Monday off. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, and then mom and I are going mattress shopping. So here's my question: Do any of you have a mattress that you absolutely LOVE and would love to recommend? I'm considering the Tempur-Flex, but I guess I'll just have to try different mattresses to see which one I really like best.
5. And, finally, for fire fighter fans, an admittedly blurry shot taken out of the window of the bus on the way home of a couple of fire fighters along the Cuesta Grade earlier this week. This part of the Grade is done burning now, so all you see now is black soil and charred foliage. Fingers crossed we'll see no more of this! Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll see you next week! Cheers!