Hello, good morning, and TGIF!! Happy Friday, everyone! Let's get started on our Friday Five:
1. So, I'm sure you've all heard about our BIG STORM last weekend - it was awesome! Tons of thunder and lightning, and RAIN! Actual RAIN! We got nearly 3" in our rain gauge. Our little froggie was doing a happy dance! (And so was I!)
2. Since I wasn't able to get any work done outside last weekend, that's probably what I'll do this weekend. I still have two decorations I purchased at Hands Gallery downtown San Luis to put up, and I know everything was overgrown before the rain, so I'm sure it's totally wild out there now!
3. My other plans for the weekend include setting up my new all-in-one printer/scanner/copier I purchased a couple weeks ago and posting some new Art Wall pictures. Due to the electrical storm that lasted through most of last Sunday, I elected to NOT use my computer last weekend! Why take a chance, right? Anyway, I'm excited to set it up and try it out this weekend!
4. I started reading Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee this past week, and am really enjoying it so far. I have reached the part in the book where the controversy is starting, and I must admit to feeling uncomfortable with all the "n" words flying off the page. But, I do understand the time in which the book takes place and the attitudes in the south during that time, so I realize that language is necessary to tell the story. It's still disconcerting for me, though!
5. A recent episode of House Hunters on HGTV actually featured a young couple looking for a home in either Atascadero and Paso Robles! I don't think it was a new last night, but it was quite exciting to see our beautiful Central Coast featured on a national TV show! They showed the very nice downtown areas of Atasacadero (The Carlton Hotel showed prominently in one shot, and another showed one of our favouite restaurants, Fig!), Paso Robles, and even Templeton! It was super cool! (And - no spoilers, but, FYI, I really loved that downtown Paso house!)
Has your hometown ever been featured on TV? Was it a positive or negative feature? Hope you all have a great weekend! Cheers!