Friday Five -
July 31, 2015
1. I'm so excited! Finally after months of searching, I found my doctor! I'd been seeing her previously when she worked at the now-defunct Central Coast Healthcare. After that place went out of business in April (or, rather, moved to a different location under a different name, and associated with a different medical organization), I couldn't find her. She didn't go with them, and I was afraid I would have to find a brand new doctor all over again. Anyway, I saw a new clinic opening up in Atascadero, and when I went to check it out, there was her name on the banner! Yay! I made an appointment right away, and look forward to getting some stuff taken care of. Or at least looked at!
2. So, I got my printer/scanner/copier set up last weekend, but haven't had a chance to print any new pictures yet. Actually I don't even have any really good new pictures to post, as I haven't been anywhere in ages! But soon. Hopefully, soon!
3. And, speaking of not going anywhere, I think I've decided to not attend the Writer's Conference this year. I know, shocking, right?! I think I've gone every year since 2009 at least! There are a couple sessions that sound interesting, but over the past few years, I've taken sessions that sounded interesting, and while they were in some ways, in others they didn't really stick to the topic, or didn't discuss the topic in the way the description lead me to believe it would. I don't know. Maybe I'm a little bored with it in general. I don't know. It always seems very inspiring when I'm there - and even a while afterwards - but after a while, the rosy glow fades, and I'm left feeling just as lost as I was before.
4. So, in an effort to jump-start my purging and organizing, I downloaded the audio version of Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. It's pretty awesome, and I'm hoping to get rid of some more stuff this weekend! To anyone out there who wants to get tidy and organized, I highly recommend this book!
5. And, finally, here's the latest inspirational sign from The Backyard:
Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll see you next week! Cheers!