Friday Five: End of January
January 30, 2015
OMG, we're at the end of January already! Yikes! I know it's only the first month of the year, but I feel like I've accomplished nothing creative at all! I intended to make Thank You cards for Christmas gifts I received, and start my Valentine's Day Cards (because I was going to stamp cards for several holidays this year as I have done in the past), but I haven't even opened my stamp cabinet to pull out my supplies. It's so depressing! I didn't even exercise as much as I'd planned to! Of course, I was sick for about a week, but really, that's not much of an excuse. Well, maybe it is. A little.
Anyway, to cheer myself up, here are five things I DID accomplish this month:
1. I finished reading one book (The Curiosity - awesome!), read one entire book (Peter Pan - meh.), and started reading two other books (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, and the Bible (which I've been trying to read for years!)).
2. I started a 6-week ballet yoga class at Eleve Barre, and actually noticed a slight improvement on week 2! It's a super tough (but fun!) class that combines elements of ballet and yoga with some low-impact cardio (called Vinyasa flow), stretching, and finally, relaxation (Savasana). If she were to offer a second class during the week, say on Tuesday (hint, hint!), I'd totally take it!
3. Chose a word to inspire me in 2015. Now I just hope I can live up to it!
4. I repaired and mounted my faux deer head in my bedroom. I also named him Gobo.
5. And, finally, I purchased a couple new books that I hope will help make this year - any maybe the rest of my life - healthy, tidy, and happy:
On the bottom: The Autoimmune Solution: Prevent and Reverse the Full Spectrum of Inflammatory Symptoms and Diseases by Amy Myers, M.D.; on top The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
Hope y'all had a great week - heck, a great month! See you in February! Cheers!