Oh, my frog, you guys, I'm so sorry I haven't been around for, what? A week? I made myself a promise at the beginning of the year I was going to keep up on my blogging like I did during Holidailies, but I got sidelined with a nasty cold that I've only just recovered from. Barely. I'm still suffering from the last annoying little bits of it like the nasal congestion, sniffing, and nose-blowing, along with the horrific cough that lasts for months, but basically, I'm back! (and thank God, too, because there's nothing worse than being sick!)
So, anyway, here's what's been going on this past week:
1. Early last Friday morning (around 3AM, to be exact), I woke with a horrible sore throat. Thinking it was just because my throat was dry, I had some water and went back to sleep. At 6AM, my throat was still sore, and was, in fact worse. So, I took a sick day and I spent the day sleeping, drinking OJ, and eating Campbell's classic Chicken Noodle Soup with mini saltine crackers. It was not a fun day.
2. Because I wasn't feeling well, I accomplished very little over the weekend except get groceries, watch the Packers game, and sleep. I planned to start stamping Valentine's cards, mount my faux deer head, and do some organizing, but I just didn't have the energy.
3. Over the course of the week I have gradually been feeling better, but am still dealing with my other medical issue, and am still waiting to hear from the rheumatologist. Since it's been just about a month since I saw him, got my labs done, and received the results in th e mail, I'm a bit annoyed. I know I should just call him, but I need to calm myself down first, so I don't end up giving him a piece of my mind! there aren't very many rheuamtologists in the area - one I know for sure isn't taking new patients, and it took three months to get in to see this guy! - so I really don't want to alienate him. Still. I'm ticked!
4. On the exercise front, I only went to the gym this past Wednesday (I was still too sick to go on Monday and didn't feel well enough to even do a half hour of treadmill on Tuesday), but I was able to work out really hard! At least as hard as it is possible for me right now. It felt good, and I'm looking forward to getting back into my regular routine. Also, next Thursday I start a new class - Ballet Yoga at Eleve Barre. I'm hoping the stretching will help ease the stiffness in my muscles.
5. I haven't been keeping up with my photography this week, but I did manage to catch this gorgeous sunrise from the wrong side of the bus on Wednesday. (Please ignore the glaring bus lights and people's heads!) Enjoy!