Happy Day-After-Christmas, Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family, friends, good food, and festivities! I also hope most of you have the day off and will be able to continue the holiday fun. I, unfortunately, am at work where it's mostly quiet, but we've already seen the aftermath of some not-so-festive Christmasses! Anyway, here are five of the best things about my Christmas:
1. Sleeping in. There's nothing better in the world than sleeping in till 9 in the morning on a weekday!
2. Relaxing in front of a roaring Christmas fire. (Well, sort of.) I didn't put out my decorations or tree this year; I decorated with Christmas cards! It's still pretty festive!
3. Hanging out with family. Mom and I ventured out to visit with my uncle Hal and aunt Joy, and cousin Jess and her family, and her BFF Mary for a couple hours, and it was quite lovely. My second cousin Liam is an adorable, active, super smart kid who totally scored this Christmas with a pogo stick, a set of just-his-size golf clubs, and a zip line!
4. Catching up on the soaps! I was pleasantly suprised to find that both Days of Our Lives and The Young and the Restless ran Christmassy, yet still story-line-centric episodes yesterday! I was expecting them to show either reruns or all-flashback episodes, which would've been fun, too, but luckily I was able to catch up on what's been going on!
5. I was able to enjoy the two blooms on my Midas Touch rose yesterday. It froze last night, and I didn't bother covering it (it's survived at least 10 years without covering, so I'm not about to start now), so I'm sure the blooms will be gone.