Wow, it's that time of year again when I fill out this survey. I've been doing this meme for, gosh, I don't know how many years, but it's been a lot. Trust me! Anyway, here's the list for this year. Enjoy!
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Participated in not one, not two, but FOUR 5k races. No, I didn't run them, I walked them, but I did them, nonetheless! I also learned how to tap dance!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Well, here's my 2014 NYRs , and I actually managed to keep a few of them. While I didn't run a 5k, I did, as stated previously, walk four of them. That's pretty cool! I also took some great pictures (check out my Instagram!), and took a few chances and read a few pretty awesome books!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Well, a lady at work just had a (totally adorable!) baby just a couple weeks ago, but I don't know her too well, so I don't know if it counts or not.
4. Did anyone close to you die? This year? No. Thank Jesus. No.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada. I had a fantastic trip to Victoria, B.C. with a couple great friends.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? My good health back i.e., freedom of movement without difficulty or pain. I just want to be able to move again.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 31, July 4, July 19, November 14. ALl dates I participated and finished a 5k race.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Finishing four 5k races.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not writing more. Poetry, essay, memoir, fiction, whatever, I wish I'd written more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I've been sick for a year and a half, but nothing new, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A fabulous little nightstand that perfectly matches the bedroom set I got from my mom, which was my parents' original bedroom set from the mid-60s! It was quite a task to hunt one down, but I did, and it looks amazing!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? No one person, really; most of my family and friends are pretty cool!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Looters, thieves, politicians, bloggers, and everyone who took advantage of a really horrible situation in Ferguson, MI.
14. Where did most of your money go? A truly awesome vacation, and a pretty cool bedroom redecorating.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My amazing, week+ long vacation to Seattle, Victoria, Washington state, and Coeur d' Alene, ID.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014? Sorry to put this earworm in your head (or mine!), but Let it Go, will be THE song for 2014!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder. I just wish I felt better. It's so depressing to want to do stuff, and not be able to do it. Or at least, not be able to do it to the best of my ability.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner. I couldn't work out as hard as I wanted, but I still worked out. I've also slowly but surely improved my diet.
c) richer or poorer? Richer. Despite taking a couple very expensive vacations this year, I managed to save quite a bit!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing and stamping.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Wishing.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014? Don't be silly.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Oh, wow, I can't pick just one, so sit back, relax, and enjoy my list: Marvel: Agents of Shield, The Walking Dead, Z Nation, Face Off, Project Runway (including all off shoots), Forever, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, The Mysteries of Laura, Doctor Who (classic series currently airing on MyRetro TV), and The Librarians.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No. I pretty much hate the same people this year as I always have.
24. What was the best book you read? The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena. I just loved this book. It was so beautifully written. Lyrical. Poetic. It might be a bit odd for some folks, but it was right up my alley!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I didn't really make any new discoveries this year. I pretty much listened to the same old stuff.
26. What did you want and get? A 2014 Ford Mustang Convertible (as a rental to drive across Washington state! So fun!)
27. What did you want and not get? Um, nothing, really. I got pretty much everything I wanted, and really didn't want for much.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't see too many movies this year. I did just see Exodus, and it was pretty good.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? My birthday was January 4th (and will be again, very soon!), and I turned 48. I spent the day at Avila Beach, CA, dipped my toes in the mighty Pacific, and chose the word "Adventure" as my word for 2014.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A doctor who believes I have polymyalgia rheumatica despite being under age 70, and the necessary medication (at the necessary amount) to be completely cured of the disease.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? I want to say edgy and unique. It's really just evolving!
32. What kept you sane? Working out and sleeping.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I didn't really fancy anyone this year. No one specific, anyway.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Nothing I will share publicly. I keep my political views to myself. It's NOYB.
35. Who did you miss? My grandparents. Still.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Ashleigh Bayard, owner of Eleve Barre in Atascadero. She offered some great dance classes, and I was lucky enough to be able to try a few. I hope I'll be able to try more next year.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014. You can't trust anyone but family.