Good morning, everyone, and TGIF! Since I'm going to be busy busy like a little bee on Friday, erm, today, I'm actually writing/scheduling this a day early. So. Hello, from the future!!
Ha! Anyway, Here's hoping nothing really crappy happens overnight before it's posted, and all is well on Friday!
So, I'm attending the Central Coast Writer's Conference this weekend, as well as spending a couple days in Morro Bay, so here's a list of things I'm most looking forward to this long weekend:
1. Meeting Anne Perry at the Conference. Well, pooper scoopers, it turns out Anne Perry can't make it - SO bummed! Apparently they're planning a future Event with a book signing at a time when she can make it, and we Conference attendees will all be notified and, as they say, can attend "at no additional charge". So. That's something to look forward to, I guess. Still. So. Bummed.
2. Getting inspired. Anyway, even without Anne Perry being there, I'm really hoping to soak up a bunch of creativity and inspiration - by osmosis, if nothing else! - this weekend. My writing has been sucking royally for some time now, and even when I spend tons of time at it, really working on it ... well, it's ... I'm just ... floundering, I guess. I don't know what's wrong (maybe I do), but I'm hoping being around some creative types will help jump start my writing!
3. Enjoying the ocean air. I LOVE the smell of the ocean - yes, even the pungent, fishy, briney smell! There's just something about it that's so refreshing and relaxing! I don't think we've been to the ocean since we were last in Morro Bay, which was in May for the Bands on the Run 5K. (Oh, and BTW, stay tuned for info on future 5Ks I've signed up for, and whether or not I'll be able to do them. Or even walk without a cane. In a couple weeks.) Anyway. Moving on.
4. Maybe spending a day in Cambria. I took Monday off work, too, so I'm hoping when we check out in Morro Bay, we will have time to head down the road to Cambria - another one of my favourite towns! - for lunch and a walk on the boardwalk, if nothing else.
5. Oh, I don't know, here's a pretty picture! (A picture of flowers I took in Butchard Gardens in BC. Enjoy!)
It should go without saying, but, sadly, it needs to be said, the above image is © me and only me (lisa-marie jordan & lapis blue photography, to be exact.) . So, pleaseplease, don't steal my photo. it'll be bad for you, i promise.) Thanks!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by, and for reading! Have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend! Cheers!