via Instagram http://ift.tt/1pyyGaC
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1pyyGaC
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1oVI46w
#ootd: Francesca dress by #IGIGI w/Capri leggings, cute camera necklace, & a touch of Guerlain La Petite Rbe Noir perfume. #plussize #fashion
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1xLaEvt
Que Pasa was packed w/20 min wait, so I'm checking out @avionandclaw before seeing Maleficent. #movienight #wine
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1mF8tRi
#ootd Maxi skirt & top by Lane Bryant, peep-toe shoes by Fergie, & sprouted chair necklace by @ronebird. Happy Monday! #plussize #fashion #summer
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1xA8bDR
Received this cute package yesterday containing an adorable sprouted chair necklace made be the amazingly talented @ronebird! Much thanks, Rone, I love it!
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1pabD5L
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1pWcZhV
Earlier this week I meant to write up a comprehensive recap of last weekend's adventure in Morro Bay, but this week has been crazy busy for me, and I just didn't get it done. Therefore I'll be recapping briefly in five bullet points:
- Morro Bay was beautiful! We had sunshine and blue sky Friday and Saturday, then a return to the usual overcast skies on Sunday, which was fine. The only problem was the wind, which was outrageously brisk!
- Mom and I planned to just have dinner in our room Friday night, but with Bella Vino's Wine Bar and Bistro just down the street, we couldn't resist going for a glass of the delicious Green Eye Chardonnay and their amazing bruschetta!
- Saturday was the Morro Bay High School Bands on the Run 5k/10k/Half Marathon. I walked the 5k in a little over an hour (I think; honestly I'm not sure how to read the sheet below. I thought I walked it in 1 hour 16 minutes, according to the timer by the finish line, but the sheet looks like it was 1 hour 32 minutes. I don't know. All I know is I FINISHED!!), and despite the pain in my shins and feet, had a good time. That deep sand is a bugger to walk through - I don't know how the runners did it! Later, mom and I wandered around the quaint little shops along the Embarcadero and had lunch at Stax Wine Bar. I can't remember the Chardonnay we had there, but it was good, as was their Caesar Salad special with steak (although to be honest, the steak might've been better if it'd been cut in strips, rather than 1/4" cubes). Unfortunately, I ended up with some rather uncomfortable issues (which I've mentioned before), and spent the rest of the day just relaxing in the room as much as possible.
- Sunday I felt much better (why? who knows? I don't even know why I felt miserable in the first place!), and we were able to do some more shopping along the Embarcadero where I ordered a silver ring with an etched floral design at an gallery shop in Marina Square and bought a darling bird nest garden stake (photo coming soon!) at another gifty shop, and a summer-weight white sweater at Poppy's. I probably could've shopped more - Poppy's had some awesome jewelry as did Fiona Bleu gallery - but I really should clear out some old jewelry first, and also I ordered tons of stuff online recently, so there will be another closet purge coming soon, too!
- Later we had lunch at Off the Hook where I had a delicious soft-shell crab sandwich and tried their Cosmo martini which was made from Sochu instead of vodka. It was pretty good, but I could tell it wasn't as strong as a vodka Cosmo would've been. After that we wandered around a little more then headed home to get ready for the week. We had to mow and water the lawn, and I had to prep for a full week of work as well as after-work activities every night this past week, including tonight which is the Art and Wine Tour downtown Atascadero - always a fun time - and tomorrow, Saturday, which is the Central Coast Oyster Festival in Avila Beach. Can. Not. Wait!
- Bonus Bullet Point: Wow, reading this back it sounds like all I do is eat out, and drink wine and martinis! Really, my life is not always this much fun! Cheers!
FYI: Monthly resolutions posts are inspired by Kim at The Kim Challenge.
It's been a while since I posted monthly resolutions, so I thought I'd give June a try! (Ha! I accidently typed "tri" instead of "try" the first time; might I have a "tri" on the brain?!?) Anyway, while I've accomplished a few of the goals I've set for myself recently, I'm still struggling in others, and will give it the old college try again this month.
First and foremost: I must. drink. more. water!!! I did very poorly with my water challenge last month, and really need to do better, so I'm trying again: drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water per day, preferably 8.
Second: walk more. While I participated in and completed a 5k this past weekend, I could really use more training before my next one. And the one after that. Also, now that the weather's better and I'm feeling better, I just really need to get out more!
Third: Wear more skirts and dresses. I tend to wear a lot of pants despite acutally owning several really nice dresses from IGIGI and Torrid, but this summer I want to branch out and try something different. To that end, I actually just purchased these three outfits to add to my collection (photos property of IGIGI, ganked from Pinterest):
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read •Open to a random page •Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page •BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) •Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
A couple weeks ago I started re-reading Lyonesse by Jack Vance. I first read this book back in high school, and absolutely loved it! Fantasy novels with princesses, magic, and mythical creatures have always been my favourite reads, and this one is particularly wonderful!
Here's my teasers from page 21:
She descended the old path to the fane: an octagonal stone structure perched on a stone shelf, with the ridge rising steeply behind. Suldrun looked through the low arched door. Four long steps would take her to the back wall, where the symbol of Mithra overlooked a low stone alter. To each side a narrow window admitted light; slate tiles covered the roof. A drift of dead leaves had blown through the doorway; otherwise the fane was empty. The atmosphere carried a dank clammy-sweet odour, faint un unpleasant. Suldrun twitched her nose and backed away.