via Instagram http://ift.tt/1jIXACs
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1jIXACs
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fsh2vZ
- WHAT I'M READING: I've been reading a lot lately, and not really keeping up with my Teaser Tuesday entries (apologies). I'm currently reading The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway, which I am really enjoying; I just finished Doll Bones by Holly Black which I loved; and I recently read Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Stone which was wonderful!
- WHAT I'M WRITING: Nothing concrete, but I have started a couple outlines for some ideas that have been bouncing around in my head.
- WHAT INSPIRES ME RIGHT NOW: The little bit of rain we got recently was lovely and made everything smell so nice and made everything so pretty and green!(It also means I'll be doing some yardwork this weekend!)
- WHAT ELSE I'VE BEEN UP TO: My mom and I put together a new desk and lateral file cabinet recently for the den. They turned out great, and once I get my papers all organized and put away properly, I should be able to do some writing!
So, what have you been up to??
Seeing "Divergent" in the VIP theater with a glass of Tarrica Pinot Gris. #wine #atthemovies #perfecttuesdaynight
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1jFvIef
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1gzHskL
1. I spent last weekend putting together two new pieces of furniture for my den: a computer desk and lateral file cabinet. I questioned my own sanity quite often during those two days, but in the end, both pieces look fabulous, work properly (yay!), and most importantly match another larger piece of furniture already in the room. Now, my den looks like it belongs to a grown-up, rather than a poor college student who got all her mis-matched stuff from family throw-aways or at Goodwill!
2. This weekend, I plan on relaxing (after mowing the lawn, that is)!
3. Tonight is the Art and Wine Tour in downtown Atascadero, and I am SO looking forward to it! I missed the one in December because it was just too cold, and last month it rained during the Sweetheart Stroll, so we didn't go to that. From the sound of it, there will be some great wineries pouring as well as some fantastic art displays!
4. Has anyone watched Resurrection, yet? I've been watching The Returned and wondered if Resurrection was just the American rip-off of the French show. If so, I don't know if I'll bother, because The Returned is just SO good!
5. The shoes I wore to work today (and posted about on Instagram) managed to stay on almost all day. I only took them off when I worked the counter, because I just couldn't stand for that long in them! Still, I'm pretty excited because I haven't worn heels for a long time, and I'd like to do it more often.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1gk5kZk
Don't know how long these high-heeled Oxford booties will stay on my feet, but I figuered I'd give 'em a shot! #shoes #fabulousfootwearfriday #torrid
via Instagram http://ift.tt/OHAT3u
My St. Paddy's Day mani. (Revlon Colorstay in Rainforest on all but ring finger, which is Jungle topped with Sinful Colours Call You Later) #nails
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1fSM83H
This year's IGIGI fashion event at Weetacon was simply amazing! For the past several years IGIGI has provided some of us with one garment of our choice off the website to model at the Weetacon IGIGI Fashion Show. It's a really fun event, and we get to keep the item provided to us in exchange for posting photos of ourselves wearing the garment, as well as our honest review of it. This year, IGIGI upped the ante and gave us not one but TWO items to wear and review! Also this year, we did things a bit differently: instead of having one big fashion show, we wore our garments during several key points during the weekend, and had a couple really fun fashion shoots! Photos were posted to Twitter, Instagram, and other social media outlets using the tags #IGIGIWeetacon, #IGIGIbyYuliaRaquel and #IGIGI.
Okay, enough introduction, on to the reviews, but ... first things first:
DISCLAIMER: Both dresses discussed in this entry were provided to me for review purposes by IGIGI. The content of this entry was not dictated by IGIGI and I get to keep the dresses for my personal use.
The first dress I wore was the Isadora. I loved this dress the moment I saw it on the IGIGI.com website and I was thrilled it would be one of the two dresses I would get to model. The Isadora is just as lovely in person as it is online, and it fit me pretty well. I got it in size 14/16, as I'm usually a size 14 or XL on top and size 18 on the bottom (a Triangle according to the website). The stretchy jersey fabric on the top made it easy to get on and off, and it packs wonderfully! Very little pressing required. It was a little big in the bust, but fit my larger arms perfectly. The full chiffon skirt is very flattering on me; I liked that it was a bit longer than most dresses - about calf-length - since I'm not very comfortable showing off my legs, and it's lined, so I didn't need a slip. The bright red rose pattern is very pretty, and was one of the selling points for me. The Isadora dress has a fairly deep V-neckline, and when I wear it to work I will add a lace chemise under it, but the evening I wore it out to the Black and Tan, I decided not to be so modest. The neckline has some added elastic in it (Elastane, according to the website), so I was able to adjust it to show just enough cleavage with out being uncomfortable or feeling too exposed. I paired the Isadora dress with a pair of black wedge heels, a faux-jet purse and crystal cross necklace. It retails fro $140.00, and I feel that is a very fair price for such a beautiful, flattering, comfortable dress.
(And, for the record, no, I'm not pregnant, it's just an unfortunate hand placement on my part!)
My next dress is the gorgeous Francesca dress in dark currant. This colour is really beautiful, and the fit, again, was great! The stretchy poly fabric draped perfectly over my curves, and the mid-calf-length full skirt is very flattering. Like the Isadora, the Francesca has the 3/4 length sleeves, V-neck with Elastane, so it can be worn with or without a chemise, and is fully lined - all pluses in my book! I wore this dress (also in size 14/16) out to dinner at Hinterland, but unfortunately the setting wasn't photo-friendly, so I wore it again during the Weetacon Closing Ceremonies Sunday morning, and was able to get some great pictures from Wendy. The Francesca dress in dark currant retails for $160. 00, which I think is a fair price for this very beautiful, versatle, and comfortable dress. I can easily wear this dress to the office, out to dinner or even dancing!
So, there are my reviews, and I hope you enjoyed them! But,wait, don't go yet! As in previous years, there's a CONTEST!! And you, yes YOU, could win!
How to participate in the IGIGI Weetacon Giveaway: Go to the IGIGI website and pick out your ideal dress for a special occasion, important business meeting, date night or what have you. Then leave a comment on this review, telling us which garment YOU want and where you plan on wearing it. You can increase your chances of winning an IGIGI gift certificate by leaving comments on each of the other Weetacon IGIGI reviews at this page. Comments must be received by April 20 at midnight PST. Winners will be notified and announced on this page and the IGIGI at Weetacon 2014 page by April 25th.