via Instagram http://ift.tt/1dJVAS5
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1dJVAS5
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1ewxs9J
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1hmI8It
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1o7vttc
via Instagram http://ift.tt/Oow7Z4
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1l1JYSf
What I'm Writing: Nothing. Too busy packing and planning.
What I'm Reading: The Shape-Changer's Wife by Sharon Shinn.
What Inspires Me: I've been too busy to be inspired this week.
What Else I've Been Up To: As I mentioned above I've been packing and planning. I'm heading to Green Bay, WI a week from today, and will likely pack, unpack, and repack several times before then. I've taken this trip several times over the past ten years; you'd think I'd have the packing thing down by now. You would, however, be very, very wrong. As for the planning, that's for this summer's trip to Victoria, B.C., Washington state, and Coeur d'Alene, ID. I'll be putting a lot of miles on some poor rental car, I fear!
Until next week!
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
So last week I finished reading Archangel, and despite the stereotypical romance novel aspect of it (sans sex, however, which I found refreshing) wound up really enjoying it. Not sure if I'll read the second book or not, but I did like Sharon Shinn's writing enough to pick up another of her novels, The Shape-Changer's Wife. Here's my teaser from page 122:
Again, the deer at the lake lowered its head to take a cautious swallow. I could do that, Aubrey thought, the idea coming to him uninvited but fully formed. I could be that deer and take that drink. I have studidied him long enough.
Happy Valentine's Day, all! Or, TGIF for those of you who don't celebrate the lovey-dovey holiday and are just thrilled it's Friday! Me, personally, I have no reason to celebrate Valentine's Day, but I did wear my pretty red brocade jeans (Torrid), a fuzzy little black shrug (again, Torrid), a Valentine's pin and heart-shaped earrings, so I guess I am celebrating a little bit. Oh, I also wore my spiked-toed ballet flats, so don't piss me off, k?
Anyway, here's a random Five for your Friday, Valentine's Day, whatever:
- I was planning to send out Valentine's cards this year, but totally forgot, which is sad because I had a bunch of already-made handstamped cards, but I just didn't get around to mailing them. Sorry.
- On a totally unromantic note, I got copies of my lab test results from my doctor on Wednesday and was surprised to find several of them were not, as she'd told me, "normal". At least it didn't look that way to me, as many of the numbers were well above the normal range in the key provided. I know I'm not a doctor or anything, but it can't be too hard to figure out if it's above the recommended level, it's probably abnormal.
- Anyway ... with Weetacon only two weeks away now, and my planned costume having not arrived, I have had to resort to whipping something up from home. Luckily I do have some workout gear handy (the theme is sports and/or favourite athlete), so while it might not be exactly what I wanted, I'll look good anyway!
- Speaking of things arriving (or not), I've been buying stuff online like crazy lately (which sadly corresponds with several marathon showings of Hoarders, so having boxes arrive every day is making my mom twitchy!). Most of it is going back because it doesn't fit or doesn't look as nice as it did on the website (really, Torrid, I love your stuff, but some if it is just so damn cheap, and I don't mean inexpensive!), but it's just fun to try stuff on.
- And finally, returning to Valentines Day, here's a picture of a cute little plastic Betsey Clarke pin my late Aunt Alice bought me when I was a little girl. I loved Betsey Clarke. Still do! I still have not only this pin, but the doll, a picture and a small book of inspiriational religious quotes.
via Instagram http://ift.tt/1eTUNn8