May 28 through June 5 I will be on vacation (Yes, I'm counting the weekends as vacation also!), and I am beYOND excited! Technically it's a STAYcation, since my mom and I are just sticking around the SLO County area, but we're treating it like a real vacation.
Here are thirteen things we're planning to do during our week off:
1. Not answer the phone. Or email. While I will probably update via Twitter or Facebook, we are basically not available AT ALL for the entire week.
2. Go to Cambria. We can't remember the last time we went to Cambria, and are really looking forward to strolling on the boardwalk along Moonstone Beach, watching the waves/birds/seals/surfers/whatever is out there for us to look at, and taking some (hopefully) awesome pictures.
3. Spend the day in SLO. Yes, I know I hop on the bus and ride down to SLO every freakin' day for work, but mom and I thought it would be fun to just go for the day to shop (the colour Nook from Barnes and Nobel is becoming a SERIOUS purchase possibility), and browse, and eat, and people-watch.
4. Eat out. Every. Single. Day. No cooking, no dishes, no nothing! Just eat out or take out or delivery.
5. Not go to the gym. Okay that doesn't sound very good (especially coming immediately on the heels of the"eating out all the time" one!), and I really DO enjoy working out, but I think that taking a break from it (and not because either I or my trainer is sick) will be a good thing. And it's not like I won't be doing ANY phyical activity; we're planning to do a LOT of walking during our vacation!
6. Go to the Avila Beach Fish and Farmer's Market. I've been wanting to go to this for several years, but by Friday evening, I'm usually too beat to want to drive all the way out to Avila Beach. Since I'll be on vacation, however, mom and I can go early and relax on the beach, then check out the market in the evening.
7. Take a wine tasting tour. This is still kinda up-in-the-air, but mom and I have always talked about wanting to take a tasting tour around the Paso Robles area, and this would be a perfect opportunity to do it.
8. Go to Pismo Beach for the day. Or Shell Beach. Or Oceano. Or Cayucus. Or pretty much any beach, so long as it's a beach!
9. Sleep in every day!!!
10. Spend a day downtown Atascadero. We've wanted to check out the shops, eat and drink at some new places like Haven Wine Bistro or Fig or Bru Coffeehouse, and maybe take in a matinee at the new theater.
11. Pick up some produce at the Atascadero Farmer's Market. Or at least just go and check it out. Their day/hours are hideious (Wednesdays from 3 - 6), so I would just barely get to run past it and grab a couple things as I got off the bus and ran off to the gym, and now the bus stop has moved several blocks away, so I can't even do that.
12. Yard work. Yeah, I know that doesn't sound very vacation-y, but we really need to redo part of the front yard, and this is the perfect time to do it!