- First things first, because I'm sure you're ALL wondering: No, I did NOT get a tattoo in Vegas. I don't know why, really, I just didn't know exactly what I wanted, and didn't want to get new ink just for the sake of getting new ink.
- I saw the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay and was only mildly impressed. It might've been the dim lighting which made photography nearly impossible, or the throngs of screaming children. Or both.
- I also toured the Bodies display and was VERY impressed by that! Unfortunately they didn't allow photography in the display, so I can't share any pictures of human organs or eyeballs or blood vessels or anything, but it was amazing and I highly recommend it!
- I walked a thousand miles in Vegas, I swear! I wish I'd taken a pedometer to prove it, but I walked all over the dang place and I'm sure it added up to some impressive number!
- I didn't go on any rides (unless you count the Mandalay Bay to Excalibur tram or the Vegas strip monorail, which I don't). The NYNY roller coaster never look like it was working - I never heard it running or any people screaming - until sometime Saturday afternoon, and frankly, I think it might've been too hot to ride a coaster anyway - and the gondola ride at the Venetian was just too open (as you can see from the photo below, people are able to just stand around and stare at you in the boat and/or take pictures or video).
- I also didn't make it to Minus5 - the ice bar - which is about the only thing I'm disappointed about. I walked by it several times, but I was either on my way to meet people/go see something or just too tired and needed a nap.
- I played the penny slots a couple times and lost a total of $8.00. This might not seem like much to most people, but it was more than enough for me!
- Krave was AWESOME!! We stayed till 4:15 a.m. or 4:30 a.m. (I forget), had a VERY memorable and hilarious ride back to our respective hotels. By the time I was settled in my own room around 5:30 a.m., I was wondering if I should even bother trying to go to sleep, or just shower, change clothes and head back out into Vegasland. In the end I opted for sleep and got about four hours worth before venturing out into the world.
- A couple other things I didn't manage to get to or see were the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel and Casino, the Fashion Show Mall, the Stratosphere, Viva Las Vegastamps, the Fountains at Bellagio and the fancy-pants shops at the Cesar's Palace casino.
- I also didn't see any shows - no Tom Jones, Cirque de Soliel, Lion King, Barry Manilow or Thunder from Down Under. Didn't really have time and I didn't really care.
- I didn't take as many pictures as I'd planned. Mostly it was just too dang hot to be outside doing much of anything, and inside was always dimly lit and therefore hard to get a good shot. I got a few, however, like this one:
but most of them just didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.
12. I ate a lot of fantastic food! My lunch at the Border Grill was really yummy and our group dinner at the Bouchon Bistro was THE BEST! I actually didn't go to any buffets because they all looked super expensive (especially for one person!*), but there were several little food shops around where you could get something pretty good to go.
13. Next time I go to Vegas I am definitely staying at Mandalay Bay. Their pool area alone is amazing and their shops and restaurants are, in my opinion, better than Excalibur.
* One could argue that I spent WAY more for my 2 meals at Bouchon and Border Grill than I would have at a buffet, but I would argue that the food was WAY better at Bouchon and Border Grill than it probably is at a buffet. So there.