MizB from Should Be Reading turned me on to Mary from Bookfan's Summer Reading Challenge, and it's so perfect for me right now I couldn't resist participating! You see, as hard as I try, I cannot resist buying books, even when I know I have several books at home that need to be read, as well as checking out books from the library (despite having enough stuff to read at home!). Basically my reading list is already out of control and I tend to add to the insanity. I recently finished (and returned) all my library books, and am just about halfway through a borrowed book, after which I planned to start tackeling my TBR stacks. However, because there's so many books, the thought of it was a bit overwhelming, so discovering this challenge was just the kick in the pants I needed!
So, without further ado, here's my list of 10 books I'm going to try to read between June 20th and September 20th. (The original deadline is September 6th, Labour Day, but I'll be out of town from September 2nd to the 8th, so I'm giving myself some extra time! Besides I'm starting late!)
Here's my list (in no particular order):
- First Test by Tamora Pierce
- The Riddle of the Wren by Charles de Lint
- Lynoesse (re-read) by Jack Vance
- Maximum Ride: School's Out Forever by James Patterson
- Except the Queen by Midori Snyder & Jane Yolen
- The Princess and the Bear by Mette Ivey Harrison
- The Sight by David Clement-Davies
- Impossible by Nancy Werlen
- Brains: A Zombie Memoir by Robin Becker
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Wish me luck!