New Year's Resolutions
December 30, 2007
Oh, dear Lord, here we go again! It's the end of another year, and I need to make resolutions for the coming year. Upon review, I actually did pretty well with 2007's resolutions, managing to accomplish two-and-a-half of them (the "half" being the weight loss one, in that I've lost about 12 or 13 pounds, but it's not as much as I had hoped)! If I make 2008's resolutions easy enough, I might be able to manage them as well.
- Be a Size 12 by December 1, 2008 It's a little different than saying "lose weight", but basically that's what it's all about. I have chosen to adopt the Clean Eating lifestyle (which is basically just eating lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies and whole grains, and avoiding junk food, fast food and anything processed or preserved) and plan to improve my physical fitness by taking my exercising more seriously.
- Complete NaNoWriMo I didn't get to even begin to participate this past November due to illness, but hopefully next year I'll get it done! I have the story idea in my head and I'm ready to go!
- Go to England A few months ago, my friend DeeDee invited me to go to London with her this coming spring (family wedding or something), but since I've been so sick, I'm pretty much broke and won't be able to go with her. Still, I want to go! At Thanksgiving, my uncle mentioned he will be teaching across the pond in the summer (the past few summers he's been teaching in Prague), so if I play my cards right and save up some serious cash, I might just make it over there by July or August! My uncle said I could sleep on the floor of his apartment, which I would be more than happy to do. I would love to have the chance to see David Tennant (from Doctor Who) play Hamlet at Stratford-upon-Avon! That would be awesome!
- Finish Selling Stuff on eBay I haven't gotten any selling done the past couple of months, and I really need to get back into it. I was doing really well at getting rid of my old crap, er, I mean, all my wonderful things, an I'd love to finish it up.
- Explore the Central Coast There's a lot of really wonderful and interesting sights right in my own backyard. I've lived on the Central Coast of California for twelve years and haven't seen even a quarter of what this naturally beautiful area has to offer. There's tons to see and do around here: lighthouses, gardens, museums, butterfly groves, islands, elfin forests, lakes, and of course miles and miles of gorgeous beaches!
- Travel Out of Town And, I don't just mean the now-annual trips to Green Bay, WI and Ohio. I'm talking about a day trip to Santa Barbara (haven't been there in a long time!), and weekends in Santa Cruz (maybe to race?), Monterey and/or San Fransisco.
- Read the Bible Yeah, I've tried this one before (and failed), but I'm going to dust off that One Year Bible I bought a few years ago, and actually read the dang thing this time!
- Fix up the Back Garden I have no idea exactly what I want to do with the back garden except that I would like a pergola over the little concrete slab patio, and maybe take out some old overgrown plants and get some new drought-resistant plants.
- Fix up the Inside of the House Mom and I have for some time planned to redo the kitchen floor, refinish the kitchen cabinets, replace the mini blinds in the living room with new faux wood blinds and buy new window treatments for the den and my bedroom. Will 2008 be the year we get all this stuff done? Stay tuned!!
- Watch Less Television Well, I'll have to watch less TV if I'm going to accomplish all these things in just one year!