The book I made using Blurb's BookSmart software arrived today! It's really, really cool!
What a wild ride that was! I loved some parts of it and disliked others. (Possible spoilers beyond break - mostly just my opinion about something, but I don't want to taint it for anyone.)
Well, I finally made it home. A mechanic came out and um ... did ... something to the bus to make it run again. Something to do with the coolant. Whatever. I had a mani-pedi appointment, but had to call and cancel it because there was no way I was going to make it. *sob* I really needed that 45 minutes of pampering after the strange, bizarre, weird, wacky day I've had, but I guess it was not meant to be. Maybe next week. *sigh*
Oh, well. At least I'm home. I have a big glass of wine to sip on and a new episode of Doctor Who to look forward to this evening, so it's all good!
A list of thirteen awesome things that happened to me this past week.
1. I went to see the latest Harry Potter movie with a couple friends from work last Friday evening. It was really good! I hadn't been to a movie in the theater since I saw Batman Returns with my friend Jewel in Santa Barbara. I'd go out to the movies more often, but we no longer have a theater in Mudhole, so I'd have to drive to Paso or San Luis, and I'm not willing to do either.
2. I waited in line till after midnight to pick up the new - and final - Harry Potter book last Friday/Saturday with a couple other ladies from work.
3. I had two great workouts this week including doing supersets with a machine likte this. I didn't think I'd like it, or even be able to DO it, but I did one minute in between my weights, and it was really awesome!
4. Earlier I found this awesome computer accessory that lets me switch between my old computer and new computer with ease! This also enabled me to use my scanner and photo printer again, which I haven't been able to do with my new computer (but they work with my old one just fine), as well as have use of all the CDs I downloaded onto my old computer's iTunes, that won't transfer to my new computer.
5. On Wednesday I got my British version of HP7, which I'd pre-ordered from amazon.co.uk! I sold my other book to a co-worker and picked up on page 251.
6. I finished my Hawai'i scrapbook which I was making with the help of Blurb's BookSmart software. I can't wait to get it, and see what it looks like!
7. I lost one pound. May not seem like much, but I've plateaued and haven't been losing anything lately, so it was nice to see that one pound gone!
8. I bought a new pair of Birkenstocks to replace the trashed pair I abandoned in Hawai'i.
9. I sold a bunch of stuff on eBay this past week, which is always very exciting!
10. At work I had the opportunity to watch a jury verdict come in. It was only a limited case - nothing big like a murder trial, or anything - but it was still interesting to watch the process in action.
11. I love, love, love Blister Block! It has saved my feet from my collection of cute-but-deadly shoes more times than I can count. I now have a stick at home, one at work, and another in my travel case.
12. I have been enjoying Snapple's Diet Green Tea a great deal lately as well.
13. And, finally, I have discovered this yummy-tasting vitamin enhanced drink mix from Crystal Light! It tastes like lemonaid, but not as sticky-sweet or tart as some lemonaid mixes.
Have a great weekend!
I'm in. Well, sort of. Since I didn't pre-order I probably won't get a book tonight, but I can still go in with my friends. I ordered the book from Amazon UK, so I don't actually need a book tonight, so it works out just fine!
I'm so excited to see this movie! My friend, who's seen it twice already, says it's awesome, and I'm sure it is, but soon I will know for sure!