Thirteen to be exact!
1. I cannot even begin to express my sadness over the cancellation of Jericho. My mom and I both love this show and have watched it every week since it began. We were excited for it just from watching the ads that aired months before the show started! We are deeply investing in this show and the characters. And they end it just as a major war was going to break out over farmland and salt mines and control of not only the town of Jericho, but the whole area, heck maybe even the whole country, and now they cancel it? Without even letting them wrap up any storylines? Wrong, people. It’s just so wrong.
2. While I’m bummed Melinda Doolittle won’t be in the finale of American Idol next week, I know she’ll do well. I’ll buy her album when it comes out; although I have a sneaky feeling my mom will enjoy it more than I will. I’m predicting (hoping, praying) Jordin Sparks wins now (even though her name is spelled wrong, and it bugs me).
3. Mom told me she planted the garden yesterday. We’d purchased the plants last Saturday, and we’re really looking forward to this year’s venture. The sparrows bypassed us, or so it seems, so we will hopefully not have any bird-borne diseases killing our crops like last year. I’m also excited because this year we purchased two honeydew melon plants! We’ve never tried melons before, so this will be a fun (and hopefully delicious) experiment!
4. I’ve lost weight. How much exactly I don’t know, because my scale is still broken, but I can tell because I looked at my profile in the mirror last Thursday and noticed half my ass was gone. The bulgy part at the top that gave me that “bubble butt” look is just gone. My size 20 pants are all waaaayyyy too big now, and seriously baggy in the butt. I have also noticed my rolls of back fat have reduced significantly, which makes me very happy!
5. I’ve been fighting with my bras for about a year or so now – the straps always fall halfway down my arms, and when I raise my arms (which I unfortunately have to do pretty often to reach the top shelf) the cups rise up, and more often than not my boobs fall out. Uncomfortable and frustrating to say the least; embarrassing as hell to say the most! BUT! I finally figured out what was wrong with them. Well, not them exactly; it wasn’t the bra’s fault. It was totally user error. You see, I’d been hooking my bras on the very first set of hooks at the end of the strap, and, to put it simply, I finally realized they were just too big that way. Yesterday I hooked my bra on the very last set of hooks, and not only did the bra fit perfectly, but it was comfortable and the straps stayed up on my shoulders all day long! Yes, I do have a college education, why do you ask?
6. When I started working out sometime last year (November, I think) I could barely do ten minutes on the elliptical machine at level 2 or 3 without just dying. I would beg my trainer to let me ride the recumbent bike for the last cardio session because I just couldn’t do anymore, and had to sit down. Now? I do 20 minutes on the elliptical at level 8 or 9. It’s not effortless – I’m breathing pretty hard and I sweat like a pig! – BUT, I can do it more comfortably than I could before, and feel so much better when I’m done! And, I can go fast, too! Even without TrainerDude’s help (He used to get in front of the machine and pump the arm handles to make the damn machine go faster. I hated him very much then.) I can get my heart rate up to 160 on that machine now. Sometimes the recumbent bike still looks tempting, but not as much as it used to.
7. Ditto with the weights: I can tell my strength has improved quite a bit, and not just because TrainerDude has been upping my weights. I can just feel it. Which I know is not very descriptive, but I can’t really explain it. It just is.
8. One of my favouirite things right now are the little tiny containers of Haagan Daz ice cream. Naturally I can’t find a link to them on the Haagan Daz website, but I took a picture of one of mine, and will post it later. My favourite flavour of all time – coffee – as been miniaturized, so I’m thrilled! I saw at the grocery store they also had Ben and Jerry’s mini ice creams, too, but not in any of the flavours I like.
9. I have lately been downloading and enjoying the audio version of some new Doctor Who books. So far I’ve listened to The Stone Rose and The Resurrection Casket, and currently have The Feast of the Drowned and Fury of the Deep on my iPod. The latter book is actually a dramatization of an actual Doctor Who episode which sadly was lost because it was old and apparently not well preserved.
10. Speaking of iPods, I recently purchased two new ones – a neon-pink Nano and a 80 gig white video one. No real reason, just because. Well, there was a reason for the Nano – I wanted something small and lightweight I could take to work (everyone here does it, so yes, it’s okay) and to the gym. The other one was a complete impulse buy, and a pretty naughty one to boot!
11. For the past six months or so I’ve been experiencing the sensation of riding up and down in an elevator. When I’m not riding up and down in an elevator. I get that sudden lightheaded up/down feeling when I’m bending over, straightening up, sitting down, sitting still, standing up, and annoyingly enough, I had it last night while working out. It was after the elliptical as I was following TrainerDude to the mats for crunches. I had a couple dizzy moments on the mat, too, now that I think about it. I’m not sure what it means, except that my body – in particular my brain – is being obnoxious. I never feel like I’m going to pass out, just that I’m either moving when I’m not moving, or moving in a direction I’m not going in. Again, I’m explaining things shitily, and I’m sorry. I only mention it because one of my co-workers recently passed out cold in a grocery store, and apparently has some vertigo or inner ear thing going on, and I’m starting to wonder if I might be heading in that general direction.
12. On a much lighter note this weekend will be spent mostly outdoors enjoying the sunshine, trimming off annoying plants that are attempting to overgrow the yard, and planting flowers. This evening I’m mowing the lawn in lieu of going to the gym, and I’m actually looking forward to it. I do enjoy being outdoors doing yard work, it’s just making myself go out that I have trouble with. Once I get started, I’m golden!
13. Tomorrow is Friday: Day of Glory! MarathonGirl and I went out for tea today and it was lovely, but it’s the coffee I really look forward to every week!