A quick update/positive list for this holiday Monday :
- Well, first and foremost, it's a holiday, so I have today off work. That's always a nice way to start a Monday!
- We finally got some rain this weekend. Although it wasn't as much as predicted or as much as we need, it's better than nothing at all.
- I bought a new camera. It's the Canon PowerShot Digital ELPH SD900. The two features I like the most are the larger viewing screen on the back and the 10 mega pixels. That should be an amazing improvement on the measly 4 mega pixels my current ELPH has.
- I also bought a new computer: the HP Pavilion s7700n. Being unable to upgrade to Vista on my current computer due to not having enough space was the final straw. For at least a year I've been frustrated about how slow-as-molasses my computer is, and how it doesn't have enough space – thus necessitating the purchase of an external hard drive to store my photos on, and very nearly getting another one - but I'd just been living with it because I figured a new computer would be a silly, unnecessary and expensive purchase. Then I saw this HP computer which is smaller than my current computer, has more space, is faster and already has Vista on it! And, it was only $579.98; less as soon as I send it my rebate information. I realized then it would be cheaper in the long run to buy this new machine rather than continuing to spend money on another external hard drive to house whatever it is that's taking up all the space on my machine and the Vista upgrade. So, I returned the Vista Upgrade to Staples, and put in an order for the new computer. It was sold out, but they found one at another store, and are shipping it here. I should have it by Wednesday.
- The daffodils are coming up in our garden! So far it's just the leaves, but soon the stalks and blossoms will be up!