1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Watched a Formula One Grand Prix live and in person at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I kept a few of them, but failed at most of them. I will probably make more for next year, as it's becoming a habit to do so.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my cousin had her second baby boy just a few weeks ago.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not that I can recall (and just how pathetic is that?).
5. What countries did you visit? I didn't travel to any other countries this year, but I did go to Chicago for the first time, so that's got to count for something, right?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A healthier body, a cute short haircut, and whiter teeth.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Feb. 24-26 (WeetaPieCon), June 30 - July 5 (Ohio trip; USGP), Aug. 9 - 16 (Family from NY visit), Sept. 15 - 19 (JournalNon Chicago)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Winning Employee of the Quarter for July - September 2006. I was a co-winner along with Civil Supervisor; we were all pretty excited to have two people from the Civil section win!
9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing any weight.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had Plantar Fasciitis pretty bad for most of the year, but it's gone away now. I also had a nasty cold/flu/sinus infection the end of September beginning of October, but that, too has cleared up.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My totally awesome Isabella Fiore handbag and matching wallet.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The awesome people I work with. They are funny, cooperative, helpful, motivating and encouraging. They make coming to work everyday a joy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Rosie O'Donnell. I have no idea why that woman is so angry and bitter, but her bitching and moaning, personal attacks on people and religious and racial insults is getting old fast. I honestly don't understand why she still has a job on television.
14. Where did most of your money go? Plane tickets and hotel reservations. Oh, and the fancy-pants purse/wallet combo.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? WeetaPieCon, my Ohio trip and JournalNon Chicago.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? "Your Ex-Lover is Dead" by Stars. Weetabix introduced me to this band in Chicago, and I fell in love with them immediately. I think about that awesome weekend every time I listen to that song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? A little happier. b) thinner or fatter? Pretty much the same, although I have dropped from a size 20 to an 18 in the past three months. c) richer or poorer? Somewhat richer, but not much.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Gone to the beach.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sleeping all weekend.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Spent with family, as usual.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? No.
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? It's a tie between Heroes and Doctor Who.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I hate everyone equally. Heh. I kid. I don't really hate, or even dislike, anyone right at the moment. (That may or may not be a total lie.)
25. What was the best book you read? This is really a hard one, because I read a lot of really good books this past year. But, if I have to pick just one, I'll choose Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. Awesome book. Wish I'd seen the play when I was in Chicago.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Ten Tenors. Love, love, love them! Their video for "Here's to the Heroes" was playing on the plane I flew back from Chicago on, and I plugged the headphones in to hear the band (I wasn't really paying too much attention to the screens after they played the pilot for Friday Night Lights, but the video was kinda dramatic-looking, and it had all these hunky guys in it, so I had to check it out!), and fell instantly in love!
27. What did you want and get? A Treo 700p Smartphone.
28. What did you want and not get? A new digital camera and a bike.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Superman Returns.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 40 waaaaay back in January and spent the day trying to convince people that was my true age. (Luckily for my ego, people thought I looked a lot younger!)
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Losing 60 pounds and being in better physical condition.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Whatever is comfortable and fits well.
33. What kept you sane? Music.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Another tie: David Tennant (Doctor Who) and Masi Oka (Heroes).
35. What political issue stirred you the most? It was a local thing, so probably none of you ever heard about it, but the Dalidio Ranch saga got my blood boiling. A man should be able to build a shopping center/oragnic farm//farmer's market/butterfly habitat/hiking & biking trail/whateverthehell he wants on his now-useless farm land (which is surrounded by a shopping center, auto dealerships and a freeway) if he bloody-well wants to. Dang it!
36. Who did you miss? My friend Jewel who moved to Ohio at the end of last year. I didn't get to see her as often this year as when she lived in SoCal.
37. Who was the best new person you met? My personal trainer. He's already been kicking my ass in the gym (and yes, that IS a good thing!), and I'm sure that will continue into 2007.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. I learned that the status quo of my life was boring as hell, and it's time for a change. Old habits may be hard to break, but not impossible, and change may be difficult, but also exciting and fun.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I can't think of a darn thing, unless there's a song out there about sleeping too much, being bored out of one's mind, and deciding to make a change that I don't know about.
(Also seen at my journal for Holidailies.)