Happy One Year Anniversary to me!! It was one year ago today that I started my new job at SLO Superior Court. Today it feels like time has just flown by - I can't believe it's been one whole year since I started working here - yet I feel like I've been here forever (but in a good way!). These lovely flowers and nice card were given to me by the totally awesome members of the Civil Support Staff in celebration of this milestone. They are quite simply some of the nicest people I've ever worked with. And, I'm not just saying that on the off-chance one of them might read this. I really mean it. I am so incredibly blessed.
Thirteen Books on the Nightstand
(taken from the books still collecting dust on my bookshelves, to be read by the end of the year in no particular order)
- Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire.
Wicked by Gregory Maguire.10/12/06 Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld. 9/04/06 Guerrilla Gardening by John F. Adams.1/26/07 Gertrude & Claudius by John Updike.12/04/06
- The Late Mr. Shakespeare by Robert Nye.
- Sudden Country by Loren D. Estleman.
- Beldan's Fire by Midori Snyder.
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys.
Places I Never Meant To Be ed. by Judy Blume.8/18/06 Conquest, Unicorn and Dragon Volume II by Lynn Abbey.1/17/07
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser.
The Physics of Christmas by Roger Highfield.12/18/06
It's been 25 years since my father died. 25 years. It seems impossible that it could possibly have been that long; sometimes it feels like yesterday. I have a lot of terrific memories of my dad, but for some reason, I can't seem to put them into words. Like, somehow, if I write it all down, or say it out loud, it'll all vanish. But, today, I wanted to put a little something together. To remember him, and share him with my friends.
Okay, I'm digging pretty deep for these, so I apologize if they sound lame, but seriously, it's all I have right now.
- I finished She's All That (by Kristin Billerbeck) which was a totally fun and very enjoyable read, and have started on the sequel A Girl's Best Friend which I'm sure will be just as wonderful.
- My aunt and uncle from New York are coming to visit this week. I'm really excited because I haven't seen my aunt for a couple of years at least.
- I'm taking off next Monday so I can spend time with the fam.
- It's been cooler at night, so I've been able to get some sleep.
- I decided to join some of my on-line journaller friends in Chicago for what is currently being called "JournalNon", since it's not really a JournalCon, but just a bunch of us getting together for karaoke, sightseeing and drunken debauchery.
I keep forgetting to mention when I update my journal. It's mostly been gardening entries, but besides work, that's pretty much all my life is about these days. So if you're into that sort of thing, go, read, and enjoy!
My new lawnmower arrived today! Mom and I put it together in the living room (careful not to "mow" the carpet, of course!). It's so teeny tiny! It's almost like a toy - so lightweight and wee. I can't wait to use it Thursday night. Mom was so excited she said she might do the back yard today.
Now I just need to think of a name for it ...