- Sports Beans (i have at least five packs in my desk at work.)
- Kettle Chips (so good; must. stop. eating.)
- Orbit gum (yummy fresh breath; perfect after a small bag of kettle chips.)
- My new chair (in black, of course, and scheduled to arrive in six-to-eight weeks.)
- My new lawn mower (ordered yesterday, will likely arrive before chair.)
- Holga camera (have yet to use, but still love it.)
- The Ultimate Reality Show by Clay Jacobsen (one of the best books i've read so far this year.)
- Treasure Hunters (love this show; so glad kayte fogel is gone!)
- Project Runway (carry on ...)
- stuffonmycat.com (just go look.)
- Lipton Iced Diet Green Tea with Citrus (very refreshing on these hot summer days.)
- gofugyourself.com (you'd think with all their money, celebrities would look better than the rest of us.)
- This fun new meme (well, new to me!)
Today is my grandma's birthday; she's 91. (I'm sure she's thrilled I just told the whole internet that!) Anyway, I made this card for her by scanning a portrait of her as a young woman. I added the greeting (font is Richard Murray), printed it out, and attached it to a cream-coloured card using black and gold photo squares. It came out really nice, if I do say so myself!
Photograph this blog post (including your monitor and its immediate surroundings), and post the resulting pic on your blog. Then the next person photographs your blog post and posts it, and so on. Leave your post URL in the comments so people will be able to follow the chain, and link your image to the post you photographed… this way people will be able to zoom into the monitors by clicking.
Found at Mike's Blog.
Yeah, I know, it's been a while. I keep thinking about doing the Positives, then I forget. Then it's Tuesday, and I've missed it completely. But, not today: today I remembered, and I'm doing my Participation Positives right now!!
- Mom and I harvested three tomatoes from our Earthbox garden this past weekend, as well as another good-sized cucumber, and some basil and dill from the herb pot:
- I used the dill on the salmon fillet I cooked for dinner and it was tres yummy!
- We successfully moved my eight-year-old recliner from our house to my grandparent's house, where it's is now my grandpa's chair.
- I am now hunting for a new chair. I have found two I like so far: the Andre leather recliner w/ ottoman, and the Courtney chair and matching ottoman. I just can't decide which I like best.
- I'm leaning towards the Andre right now, because I've always wanted a leather chair, but the Courtney was soft and snuggly. I need to decide soon, however, as I'm having to use my office chair to watch TV , and it's definitely not very comfy!
See these shoes? Cute, aren't they? Yes, they are; they are adorable. However, they killed my feet. The left foot is covered in band-aids because there are no fewer than three blisteres on it; the right foot was not as badly damaged, but I covered with moleskin to protect it from its mate's fate. My left foot is still healing, and when it does, I'm going right back to those dang cute shoes. Why? Am I nuts? Well, yes, but that's a story for another time. No, the reason is that I LOVE THESE DANG CUTE SHOES!!! Plus, next time, I'll remember to put on the moleskin first!
"Enjoy Life!" said this mural on the side of Max and Erma's restaurant, and that is exactly what I did during my all-too-brief trip to Ohio to visit my friend Jewel. You can read all about it and see all the pictures here. Hope you enjoy it! Cheers!