Well, this week sure hit the ground running, didn't it! Well, for me, anyway (and for some folks I work with), it's been crazy busy, and how it is already all of a sudden the 7th?!? Gah! I can't keep up! Anyway, here's my five random things for the week:
1. I started writing ... er ... something for NaNoWriMo this year, but I keep forgetting to put my word count on the website. I rectified that yesterday, and while I'm woefully behind, the month is young, so I'm not too terribly worried. (Except that it's the 7th already!!!)
2. I've narrowed down my bedroom paint colours to three:
They are (from left to right): Twilight Grey, Silver Screen, and Pewter Mug. They are all Behr Premium Flat, or Matte (can't remember which!). I'm kinda leaning towards Silver Screen, but I really like all of them! My final decision will be made tomorrow!
3. Speaking of which, we're going to start the painting process this weekend, rather than wait until Thanksgiving weekend as previously planned. Tomorrow we're buying the paint, primer, and supplies, and will put the primer coat on by Sunday. We also have to mow our lawn this weekend, because that rain we got last weekend - which was lovely! - coupled with 80 degree weather this past week added up to a very happy lawn that decided to grow very tall! So THAT will be fun! I have Tuesday off for Veteran's Day, and we're going to paint that day. Hopefully. If we feel up to it. Fingers crossed because I'm moving into the living room until my room is done (and the primer/paint stops stinking), and I don't relish the thought of being out there the whole month!
4. Oh, by the way, next Friday I'll be on vacation, so there probably won't be a Friday Five. I'm going to Monterey to participate in the Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5k. It's my last 5k of the year, and I'm just hoping I survive - I haven't done ANY training for this AT ALL, and my last 5k was in July! Wish me luck!
5. And finally, I started reading Rebecca Rasmussen's new book Evergreen, and I love it! I highly HIGHLY recommend this book! I loved her first book, The Bird Sisters, and recommend that, too. This might tie with The Taste of Apple Seeds as my favourite book of 2014!
What are you reading right now? Do you love it? Hate it? Don't care one way or the other? Well, I hope whatever you're reading you're enjoying, and that you all have a fantastic weekend! Cheers!