Since MizB disbanded the New Beginnings meme, I thought I would go back to a monthly resolutions idea introduced to me a while ago by Kim. I stopped doing this, but I think I'll start up again. Having a few small resolutions to keep for one month seems less cumbersome than coming up with a bunch (or even just a few) to try to get through in a whole year. Anyway, here's what I plan to accomplish this month:
1. Make all my training sessions this month. That's 15 tortuous hours, people! I'm not planning to worry too much about losing any weight this month, just maintain what I have lost this year. I'll concentrate on losing again next year!
2. Buy a new camera.Yeah, I dropped my totally awesome Canon elph camera in a pot of stew while trying to get a delicious foodie shot and it hasn't been the same since. I'm lookingat getting another elph or maybe this other cool Canon model.
3. Get my printer working again or buy a new one. Sometime between October 20th and November 22nd my printer and computer stopped talking to each other. The only thing I can think of is something went wonky during a power outage that occurred between those two time periods. I checked connections, checked that the printer still worked (it does; I can print from a card and can print the machine's self diagnostics) and tried to reinstall the software. Unfortunately the software isn't compatible with the Windows 7 upgrade I did last March (though the printer was working perfectly after that upgrade), and long story short, after many valiant efforts by myself and a Geek Squad tech, I still can't print anything off my computer. So, I'm going to see if maybe a new usb cord will help and if that doesn't do it, I'm buying a new printer.
4. Decorate for Christmas. I didn't decorate at all last year, and even though I'm really not in the mood this year, I'm determined to do it anyway. If nothing else, I can put up the Nativity to remind myself of what this season is REALLY all about despite all the damn atheists out there trying to ruin it for us.
5. Have fun. Can't say I'm doing that so far, but the month is young and hopefully things will improve soon.