Well, this first week of August has been incredibly dull. However, here are a few of the highlights:
1. Things have been cray cray at work this week; lots of nutty, crazy people, and weird stuff keeps coming up. I think we're still feeling the effects of the Blue Moon we had at the end of last month. Hopefully we're done with it and next week can be calmer.
2. I know I said I wasn't going to go to the Central Coast Writer's Conference (it was just last week, wasn't it?) this year, but I ended up talking myself into it yesterday. There are really only two sessions I'm interested in, but I wound up curious enough about them to sign up. There really wasn't much else except a couple of the other sessions on topics I've had before (YA, and World Building), but with different people this time, so maybe the information will be different as well. Who knows? Still, I'm hoping it'll be fun, and I won't end up regretting it!
3. I went through a few more dresser drawers as well as my closet again this past weekend, and ended up with a full garbage bag of Goodwill stuff as well as a couple smaller bags of actual garbage. There was a lot more stuff I probably could've (SHOULD'VE) gotten rid of, but I was just not able to. At least not yet. I'm currently listening to the audio version of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, and getting a lot of inspiration from it. I really DO want to get rid of most of my stuff! I really DO want to have very few things to have to deal with and have ONLY things which "spark joy" and that I can and will use. I just need to stop forming emotional attachments to things, which, for me, is hard.
4. I finally got my toes done this week! This is Paz-itively Hot by OPI.
5. And, finally, surprise! my iris has suddenly bloomed! In August! All I can think is the rain we got a few weeks ago rejuvenated it! Typically, the irises bloom between February and April, sometimes May. This spring I don't think they came out at all, so this was a lovely and welcome sight! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Cheers!