Good morning and welcome to Friday Five! This Friday Five was originally going to be for last week, but I never finished it, so I'm recycling it for this week. It's still all new to most of you since I haven't been online in, like, forever, though, so I hope you enjoy it!
1. The 12th through the 16th was a long working weekend for my mom and me, and last week was, too (although just a regular-sized, two-day weekend!), because we FINALLY received all our tax stuff so I was FINALLY able to my and my mom's taxes!! It's so frustrating to wait for certain agencies to mail out the tax info, and I hate, hate, HATE that they absolutely WON'T mail it out until the middle of February no matter how much you beg. I could've been done WEEKS ago if not for the one stupid thing! So annoying!!
2. I finished The Unintentional Time Traveller by Everett Maroon on the bus yesterday, and I loved it! I love time travel books (movies, TV shows, whatever) anyway, so choosing this book was a no-brainer. I particularly enjoyed the body-switch aspect of it and how a teenage boy deals with suddenly being a teenage girl, as well as suddenly being in a completely different time period! Apparently this is to be part of a series (as it's listed on Goodreads as Time Guardians #1), and I was originally uncertain about that, but after finishing the book, I'm really looking forward to book #2! Of course, in the past I have been thrilled with the first book of a series only to be so disappointed in the second book that I didn't even bother with the third (or any subsequent) books.
3. We've had very strange weather here recently. It's gone from 70s or 80s during the day a week ago to 50s or 60s, and the past few nights have been around or below freezing! We even had a hail storm on Monday (which sadly, I missed as I was in SLO)! Still, I've seen bright yellow daffodils, and white and pink blooming trees (not ours, yet, though), and other signs of spring around town. It's lighter in the morning when I get up, which makes it a lot easier to get up, and it's staying light later, too, and I'm loving that!
4. Last night was the last of our first 6-week ballet-yoga sessions. There were only three of us, so it was like having a private session! (The class started with 12 and has been fairly consistent with between 7 and 10 people throughout, so I'm thinking a lot of people thought we didn't have it last night. Heck I was trying to remember if it was week six or not myself! Also I received very very VERY bad news moments before class started, so I almost baled myself. I'm so glad I went, though, because I really needed it!) I really enjoy this class, and already signed up for the next 6 weeks - which starts next Thursday! It's really hard, I can't do much of any of it well or even at all, but it's a great work out, I'm sweating by the end of it, and I feel great! Also, no one appears to be judgy about my inabilty, so that's good!
5. And, finally, a pretty picture.
The trees downtown were blooming when mom and I were wandering around a couple weeks ago, and I couldn't resist taking tons of pictures!
So what are your plans for the weekend? Let me know in the comments! Cheers!