In an effort to have something to post every day in December for Holidailies (are you sick of hearing about it, yet? ), I am reviving the Friday Five list. There used to be a website for the Friday Five where questions were posted every week and I answered them first on my on-line journal and later my blog, but I haven't seen that website for years, and couldn't find it in a search. There were several other Friday Five websites, but none of them were what I wanted. So, basically, I'm stealing, erm, borrowing the Friday Five list idea from Caroline Richmond of Adventures in Space and just posting five random things every week. So, without further ado, here's this week's list:
- So, we're finally getting rain, which is both fantastic and annoying. It's fantastic because we get to water our lawn and plants for free, but annoying because standing in the rain waiting for the bus is a pain, and once we get some sunshine, we'll have to mow the lawn.
- I'm contemplating starting a new tumblr-style blog called "What I Smelled at the Bus Stop Today" because the past few days have provided me with some unique and interesting bus stop smells. There was the stinky, mufflerless old beater spewing a black fog on one day, the the guy smoking a particularly stinky cigar the next day, and the skunky smell we enjoyed yesterday (I'm sure that one of the little critters got hit on the freeway behind us, but I kept looking around making sure there wasn't an actual living, breathing, spraying skunk wandering around nearby!), and the food smells coming from Denny's everyday. I can't wait to see what next week holds!
- Actually I can't wait till they get our new bus stop finished so we can stop standing there in front of the Denny's smelling all the food smells and being stared at by the diners. It's only supposed to take a few weeks (they said), but of course it's been raining this past week, so they probably weren't able to get much if anything done, so now, who knows? We really didn't even need a new bus stop in the first place - the one we had was fine and the new one being across the street from the old one is just going to be a pain in the butt. Srsly.
- I've been contemplating changing my hair colour from light auburn to a darker, rich true auburn. The darker colour just seems like a good idea for fall/winter, but I really quite like the colour I've been using this year, and I'm afraid if I change it, I'll never be able to go back to what I have. le sigh. It's so hard being a girl!
- And, finally, here's my favourite photo of the week, a shot of the sunset before all this rain. Cheers!