My mom and I are "pug-sitting" my aunt's dog, Trixie, who is, if you hadn't guessed, a pug. Mom played with her from the time she arrived at our house at 11 a.m. until I got home around 6. Then it was my turn. This dog? Is tireless! She's worse than the Energizer Bunny! She's still going like a mad fiend!!
I would like to say "thank you" to Weetabix, TranceJen, Dooce, and Mimi Smartypants for their recent laugh-out-loud journal entries, as well as this funny news article regarding stinky food on subways for lifting my spirits today. Though I haven't mentioned it much here, I've been severely depressed lately, and have given in to the urge to burst into tears for no good reason several times. Then, just this past week, I began suffering from some serious vertigo unlike anything I've ever experienced before. I don't know why, and naturally when I started researching "vertigo", all sorts of unpleasantmedicalreasons for my brand spanking new condition appeared. So, now I'm depressed, wobbily and freaked out. Gah!
Anyway, thanks, ladies, for making me laugh today. I really needed it! Cheers!
I used to do "Favourites Lists" with my pen-friends when I was a kid. This one is sorta similar to them. Found on Brie's blog.
13 Random Things You Like
2. Saltwater Taffy
3. Shasta daisies
4. Old Books
6. Blank books
7. Penguin Caffeinated Peppermints
8. Earl Grey tea
9. Doctor Who
10. Ansel Adams photography
12. 5:00 Friday afternoon
13. The ocean
12 Great Movies
1. The Magnificent Seven
2. The Wizard of Oz
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
5. The Towering Inferno
6. Hamlet (Branagh version)
7. West Side Story
8. Best in Show
9. This is Spinal Tap
10. The Sting
11. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
12. Rebel Without a Cause
11 Good Bands/Artists
1. Chris de Burgh
4. Joy Williams
5. Duran Duran
6. Reliant K
7. New Found Glory
8. John Denver
9. Clay Aiken
10. Eve 6
11. Barry Manilow
10 Things About You
1. I have lived in four states: Washington, Idaho, Oregon and California.
2. My travels outside the United States include: England, Scotland and Wales, Canada, and Mexico.
3. My favourite city is Seattle, WA. (Followed closely by London, England).
4. I own a 2003 Toyota Echo.
5. I like selling/buying stuff on Ebay.
6. I enjoy rubber stamping and doing crafts.
7. I collect spoons from places I've visited.
8. I call people "Dude" a lot.
9. I wear fake eyeglasses so I'll look smarter. (I don't think it works, though.)
10. I recently discovered the wonder that is the Ginger Chew.
9 Favorite Authors/Artists
1. Louise Cooper
2. Kage Baker
3. Judy Blume
4. Ellis Peters
5. Georgia O'Keeffe
7. Ansel Adams
9. John Ramos
8 Favorite Foods/Drinks
1. Diet Dr. Pepper with a shot of Soli Vanil
2. Seattle's Best Coffee (medium roast)
3. Grilled fish (salmon, halibut, tuna; doesn't matter)
4. Pinot Gris (from Oregon, no this Pinot Grigio stuff we have in California)
5. Cosmopolitan martinis
6. Home-grown tomatoes
7. Kraft Cheese and Macaroni
8. Oreo Double Stuff cookies
7 Things You Wear Daily
1. A Watch
2. My College class ring
4. Bra & panties
6 Things That Annoy You
1. Drivers who tailgate.
2. Drivers who don't use their turn signals.
3. Bicyclists who don't obey the rules of the road.
4. Biting my tongue when I sneeze.
5. People who don't control their dogs/children/whatever obnoxious thing they're reponsible for.
6. Presidential election years.
5 Shows You Watch
1. Clean Sweep
2. Trading Spaces
3. Law & Order (includes the original, CI and SVU versions)
4. Days of Our Lives
5. SpongeBob Squarepants (because I'm five)
4 Things You Touch Every Day
1. The gear shift knob on my car
2. My hair
3. My computer mouse
4. My keyboard
3 Celebrities You Have a Crush On
1. Keanu Reeves
2. Doug Wilson (does he count as a celebrity?)
3. Sir Derek Jacobi
2 People You Have Kissed
1. My grandma
2. My mom
1 Person You Could Spend the Rest of Your Life With
1. My husband (if and when I ever find him!)
I took this survey from Select Smart to find out who my ideal candidate for president is, and here are my results.
1. Your ideal theoretical candidate. (100%)
2. Kerry, Senator John, MA - Democrat (63%)
3. Gephardt, Rep. Dick, MO - Democrat (61%)
4. Edwards, Senator John, NC - Democrat (57%)
5. Bush, President George W. - Republican (49%)
6. Lieberman, Senator Joe, CT - Democrat (43%)
7. Dean, Gov. Howard, VT - Democrat (40%)
8. Moseley-Braun, Former Senator Carol, IL - Democrat (37%)
9. Clark, Retired General Wesley K., AR - Democrat (35%)
I must admit I'm very surprised at those results. (Gah! You're kidding me? Kerry??!!) I'm still a registered Democrat, sure, but I was almost postitive my political position was, or indeed already had, moved closer to the republican side of things. Apparently, this is not the case!