I was bad in June and did a LOT of online shopping, so I actually have a LOT more Faves than Not So Muches this month, so let's get started:
1. First and foremost: my new car! I got a 2016 Kia Soul and named her Roxanne, or Roxy for short. She's delightful, pretty, and a joy to drive. Plus Bob and Dave at San Luis Bay Motors Kia were fantastic to work with!
3. Tarte x Grav3yardgirl Swamp Queen palette and lippies. I ended up getting both the lippies as well as the palette even though I rarely wear anything on my lips other than Blistix. I really like the neutral Texas Toast colour, and the Swamp Family (bright red) is gorgeous, although I have no idea where I'd ever wear it!
4. I also purchased a clip-on ring light from Flawless Lighting for my iPhone and I think it really does make my pictures look better!
5. Periodically I get coupons for free items from Shutterfly.com (usually through Vons), and this time it was for a set of 4 coasters. I chose to go with an ocean/water theme for them, and they turned out gorgeous!
6. And this last item is one of my all-time favourite nail polishes: OPI's classic Day at the Peach nail polish. It's discontinued, so it's hard to find, but I got a bottle, and fully intend to use it to the very last drop!
And, now for a couple things I did NOT like in June:
Another broken tooth. Gah! That's the third tooth I've broken in about as many years. It's another one that had a large filling in it, so that's probably why it was weak. It also has had a small chip for the past three or five years or so, so I figured it was just a matter of time before it broke off. Luckily it doesn't hurt, although there are some sharp edges, so I have to be careful not to rip my tongue up too much, but for now, I'm not in a hurry to call the dentist.
The weather: Lord, but it's been hot! We've had the use the air conditioner a LOT during the month of June, and I'm not looking forward to getting THAT bill! Gah!
And, there you have it! Hope you all had a great June, and have a fantastic July! Cheers!
It's been a while since I've done a Friday Five (I think), and since this TGIF lands on the first of the month, I thought I'd combine it with my *Monthly Resolutions and come up with 5 things to accomplish during the month of July.
1. The first thing I'd like to accomplish is to do some stamping. I bought some new Marvy Markers recently, and not only do I need to try those out, but I'd like to get started on my holiday greeting cards and just do some general scenic stamping as well.
2. I would like to try to make a couple more YouTube videos. Making videos is a lot more work than I thought it would be, but it's also still kinda fun, and I have a few ideas for videos that hopefully people will enjoy.
3. I really need to organize my makeup drawer! I went on a bit of a spending spree with makeup palettes, blushes, highlighters, foundations, mascaras, and brushes lately, and I now have a TON of stuff, most of which I will rarely if ever actually use! I need to get it down to a reasonable amount, like, just the 8 to 10 things I actually USE every day, plus one or two palettes just for fun, and a tinted BB cream or two for weekends!
4. Speaking of organizing, I also need to go through my jewelry. I have TONS of earrings, but only wear the same four or five at a time, dozens of rings and necklaces which I really never wear at all, and when was the last time I wore a bracelet? Oh, never? Yeah. Gonna work on that.
5. And, finally, I would like to get to the coast at least once during July. I know it's going to be difficult since it's summer and everyone and their DOG will be out there, but I can't remember the last time I went to Cambria or Pismo Beach, and I'm starting to get antsy!
Okay, so there we have it. Five things to get done this month. How many will I accomplish? Stay tuned to find out! Cheers!
Welcome to my monthly favourites post - also known as A Few of My Favourite Things (and a Few Not So Much!). Sorry, I don't have any pictures to go with this post, but I will link each item so you can go check them out at your leisure!
1. Shoes!! I bought FOUR new pair of shoes from Modcloth.com in May and I love them all!
First is a pair of flats (well they're ALL flats!) from T.U.K. called Doe a Deer Flat. (Modcloth comes up with its own cute and clever names for stuff, so don't be surprised if the names don't match!)
They are all really comfortable and cute and I'm looking forward to wearing them all summer (and beyond)!
2. A couple make-up faves: First is Two Faced Mascara Melt Off. This is fabulous! You just brush on this oil-based product on your waterproof-mascara-coated lashes, wait a few minutes, then wipe it off. It makes removing waterproof mascara SO much easier! Next is the Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Brightening Baby-Pink Blush. I've used this colour before, and really liked it. It's a really light pink with a faint shimmer which I think will be perfect for spring and summer! Also, it comes with it's own super soft brush, which I like as well.
3. The next one is a hair product: Living Proof Timeless Pre-Shampoo Treatment. Basically it's a hair conditioner you use BEFORE you shampoo! I understand this is a thing now, but this is the first product I've tried, and I really liked it. Basically you put this conditioner on your dry hair, let it soak in for about five minutes (I use this about the same time as I use the Two Faced Mascara Melt Off!), then shower, shampoo, etc., as per usual. I do feel my hair is coming out of the shower in better condition then when it when it when in.
4. My final Fave is actually a gardening tool: the Ryiobi grass and hedge trimmer combo. It's battery operated - which I love because, yay! no cords! And also, it works SO well! It took out my overgrown grasses like they were nothing, and trimmed up my rosemary bushes so cute! It's the best thing ever!
And, now some things I didn't like so much in May:
1. Being sick. I was sick all March and April, and was just starting to feel better the beginning of May, but caught ANOTHER cold, and was down for about two and a half to three weeks. I only this past weekend started feeling closer to 100% better.
Hope you had a great month of May! What were a few of your favourite things? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by! Cheers!
The Monthly Resolutions is an idea I got from reading Kim's blog at The Kim Challenge.com. I loved the idea of coming up with just a few things to accomplish over the course of one month as opposed to trying to accomplish a lot over the course of a whole year. I do still come up with New Year's Resolutions, but I love finding a few little goals that I can (or should be able to) accomplish in about 30 days.
In looking over last month's resolutions, I find I didn't actually accomplish ANY of them! And some of them will be moving up to June. Here's the list:
1. Find out when my car will be fixed. My mom's Honda Fit is under the Takata Killer Airbag Recall right now. When I called the dealership back in April about getting in to fix the problem they said they didn't have the parts in stock and it would be late May. Well, it's past late May and we haven't heard anything. So, I'll be making a phone call very soon!
2. Buy a new car. My Toyota Echo - which has been a VERY good, reliable car - is getting pretty old (14 years old!), so as soon as the Fit is fixed it's mine, so my mom will need a new car. I've got the choices narrowed down to three: Subaru Crosstrek, Subaru Impreza hatchback, and the Kia Soul. I just need to make sure whatever I choose will be able to fit in the garage!
3. Start reading again! I know I said this last month, but I never did pick up a book and read, so I'm dragging this Resolution over to June in the hopes I'll be able to accomplish it this time. I still have Love and Friendship by Jane Austen (which I bought for Lil's Austen's April Challenge), and I see now that they've made it into a movie, so I have double the reason to read it (a. I bought the dang thing, so I should read it, right? And b. the movie looks good!).
So, that's it! I think I'll keep it simple this month and just try to accomplish three things. If I manage to accomplish anything else ... BONUS!! What are you trying to accomplish this month? Let me know in the comments! Cheers!